Technical Program Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Bright Machines, Technical Program Managers (TPM) lead advanced automation programs, you will be responsible for all aspects of a successful program delivery – developing schedules and plans for your team, driving all actions to deliver on time and within budget, and reporting project status to stakeholders. You will partner with a group of smart individuals with experience in advanced engineering and operations fields, together we will revolutionize the manufacturing industry. In your role as Technical Program Manager you will drive, enable, coordinate and inspire a team towards delivering intelligent manufacturing products.
A successful candidate should be able to combine their strength in business knowledge with technological know-how to drive successful program completion and ensure customer satisfaction.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders (software, robotics, controls, manufacturing, supply chain, delivery, etc.) to enable the development of new technology, drive introduction of new products, and ensure customer satisfaction at delivery.
- Create the structure needed to achieve tangible results during the product development process, establish best practices to improve execution, communication, and operational efficiency across teams.
- Lead the program planning process in collaboration with cross-functional teams to define schedules, requirements and budgets; identify dependencies and gaps, and drive cross functional alignment.
- Provide insight on program status, critical path, risks, and opportunities to de-risk or accelerate our schedule, integrate inputs from stake holders clarifying scope, timing and accountability.
- Deliver programs on-time, in-full and on-budget by planning, partnering, and driving execution effectively. Surface blockers and resolve them as soon as possible, pulling in stakeholders across the company as needed. Identify important decisions that need to be made, get the necessary inputs, drive decision making, and communicate them clearly to the right people at the right time.
- Leverage project management methodologies from the software and hardware worlds to support agile and reliable change management. Embody a culture of agility with quality and scalability in mind.
- Support the development of robust processes, policies and reporting tools in alignment with the organizational goals, partnering with the cross functional team to drive adoption and improvement.
- Be a leader in team organization, culturally as well as operationally.
- This position will require up to 25% travel.
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, or program management, with a focus on product launches and /or validation and testing.
- Proven track record of effective project management within the industrial automation and software fields, leading interdisciplinary teams of engineering, software, vision, and integration teams.
- Experience managing customer relationships, leading negotiations, and excellent communication skills.
- Fundamental knowledge supported by practical experience in waterfall and Agile management methodologies.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills, ability to create visualizations of KPIs and program risks.
- Experience launching automation projects from concept through customer acceptance.
- Team player; ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with cross-functional teams.
- Open to traveling domestically and abroad based on customer location and project needs. Usually on later stages of deployment.
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Worked within an international environment with aggressive timelines and demanding customers.
- Experience developing and/or commercializing sophisticated robotic applications, with a focus on software and/or controls.
- Comfortable working on early-stage projects in an environment with ambiguity and change.
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.