HR Operations Manager
People & HR, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is your opportunity to own, build and maintain a robust HR infrastructure and best in class practices, processes, tools and systems that will ensure operational aspects of HR are running like a well-oiled machine. We have the basics in place and will look to you to innovate, improve and scale.
You will interface and collaborate with our worldwide HR team, Legal, IT, Finance and other departments to shape, enhance and implement HR processes and practices that provide a world class employee experience. You will be part of an amazing HR team, aiming to initiate new programs across the company and across our different locations across the world.
You will apply your analytical skills, systems orientation and data driven approach to generate people analytics insights that will support HR and organizational decisions and strategies.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Own the delivery and effectiveness of several core HR processes and responsibilities across employee life cycle activities including Onboarding/Offboarding, Updating HRIS, Compliance tools, reporting etc.
- Enhance and Implement HR programs and/or products to improve the way we do things
- Identify gaps in our daily routines and build better processes to improve internal practices and employee experience
- Manage complex and multi-stakeholders HR projects across the organization and be a part of global projects
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams such as Legal, Finance, Operations, and IT to ensure HR processes are aligned and sharp
- Collect and analyze the information as well as develop data-driven solutions focused on improving operational efficiencies
- Work with Legal to help craft and develop practices and policies that comply with local, State and Federal laws and regulations, including maintaining our employee handbook and drafting and updating individual policies. You will also work with our immigration attorneys to manage and process work visas.
- Partner with global HR team to execute on our deliverables and the implementation of programs; (project management and tracking of new programs and initiatives (e.g. Recognition, Goals and performance, etc.)
- A power user of our HR systems. Perform data entry and maintain the integrity of all employee data, and recruitment records in all systems. Design and create reports, dashboards and metrics to facilitate data driven decision making. Data tracking and reconciliation of HR worldwide budget.
- Be the point of contact for employee questions and issue resolution. You will focus on the US and will collaborate with colleagues in other countries on worldwide projects and programs.
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in an HR roles in a high speed and high growth technology company (small and large desirable)
- Knowledgeable in the following areas: HR systems and technologies, people analytics, benefits and compensation, immigration and mobility, compliance and employment laws and regulations
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to build and re-shape process and tools.
- Very organized with advanced project management skills, able to manage multiple projects at the same time with grace and can-do attitude
- Thorough, attentive to detail, process oriented, analytical
- Self-directing and able to work with minimal supervision – you know what needs to be done and you get it done
- Positive attitude with flexibility to handle ambiguity and change and stay calm under pressure
- Technical savvy and expertise with technology systems, tools and applications: HRIS, ATS, performance feedback platforms, Slack, Atlassian, Microsoft Office 365 applications, advanced Excel and PowerPoint, employee engagement and survey platforms
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion and tact
- Experience in a geographically distributed company
- Experience working within a startup and changing environment
- Can do attitude
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Previous experience creating and maintaining and HR global budget
- Experience with stock administration process
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.