Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a top-notch, bright Control Engineer to be a part of a Software Application Team focused on developing and deploying device drivers to our Bright Robotic Cells that make Software Defined Manufacturing possible and that power our micro-factories (lines of robotic cells). Our robots and the software that controls them are deployed in a variety of factory conditions and help support the manufacturing operations of some of the biggest names in the industry.
As a Control Engineer, you will be working side-by-side with team members, as well as with our core Software teams, to code and deliver real-time drivers.
If you are a hands-on passionate developer, excited about control and hardware – this is your chance to shine with us.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop and deploy scalable PLC applications, emphasizing .NET Core, OOP, and SOLID principles.
- Drive multidisciplinary projects, integrating equipment and ensuring system robustness.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, supporting commissioning and qualification.
- Collaborate with diverse teams (robots, mechanical, electrical) to optimize system performance.
- Contribute to CI/CD implementation using GitLab, AWS, and Jenkins.
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Bachelor's degree in Software/Mechatronics/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in ST or similar languages for PLC programming.
- Strong proficiency in .NET Core, C#, and version control tools (GitLab).
- Strong proficiency with motion control systems.
- Familiarity with network protocols (EtherCAT, CANopen, OPCUA)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS), containerization (Docker), and automation tools (Ansible, Terraform).
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD:
- A visionary thinker with a focus on innovation.
- Ownership mindset, driving positive change.
- Integrity, commitment, and transparency in work.
- Customer-centric approach to solution delivery.
- A collaborative team player committed to success.
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.