San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
The only way to ignite change is to build the best team. At Bright Machines®, we’re innovators and experts in our craft who have joined together to create a new category of manufacturing that will help transform the industry. We believe software and data are the answer, thoughtfully applied to solve our customers’ unique challenges. Through intelligent automation, we give factories newfound flexibility, scalability, and resilience. We deliver products to meet the demands of today while building a platform to take advantage of what comes next.
Working with us means you’ll have the opportunity to make lasting, impactful changes for our company and our customers. If you’re ready to apply your exceptional skills to create the factory of the future, we’d love to speak with you.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Bright Machines, we are revolutionizing manufacturing through advanced automation and robotics solutions. Our mission is to transform the way products are built, making manufacturing smarter, faster, and more efficient. Join our dynamic engineering team and be a part of shaping the future of manufacturing technology.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Mechanical Engineer to join our team in the San Francisco office. As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for designing intricate parts, subsystems, and entire products, contributing to our mission of advancing manufacturing automation.
If you are a passionate and experienced Mechanical Engineer who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative environment, we encourage you to apply and be part of our exciting journey.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Innovative Design: Create components and complete products from scratch
- Detailed Documentation: Produce detailed drawings and maintain comprehensive product dossiers to allow fast and efficient turnaround from design to deployment
- System Integration: Lead mechanical system integration efforts and conduct rigorous testing to guarantee intended functionality
- Proof of Concept (PoC): Drive the PoC process from concept to design to implementation, showcasing your creativity and problem-solving abilities
- Performance Evaluation: Assess the final product's performance, reliability, and safety to ensure it meets our stringent quality standards
- Collaboration: Lead and collaborate with your team and subcontractors to maximize project success
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
- BS in Mechanical Engineering (or demonstrated equivalency)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a mechanical designer, with a proven track record of success
- Experience in designing precision mechanisms for robotics and/or automation
- Proficiency in SolidWorks and PDM with at least 2 years of experience
- Hands-on experience in assembling complex mechanical systems
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills to tackle complex engineering challenges
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate and collaborate within our global team
- Examples of personal or professional projects showing your problem-solving approach
- You - happy and fearless, surrounded by robots, controllers, mountains of test parts, and fixtures that you have built yourself
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD
- Several years industry experience working with robotic or automation systems
- Experience programming robots
- Design team experience (for example: Formula SAE, robotics clubs, etc.)
- PLC or other controls experience
BE EMPOWERED TO CHANGE AN INDUSTRY
We’re looking for people who believe they can personally help modernize a global industry and want to work alongside passionate teammates who share their vision. As a global company working toward a common goal, we have a highly collaborative and inclusive approach to work, striking a balance between celebrating team success and focusing on individual growth.
We exist to transform the way things are made. Join us on the journey.
Bright Machines was named a “Technology Pioneer” by the World Economic Forum, one of “America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies” by Forbes, and an Inc. “Best in Business” winner.