Accounts Payable Specialist - Part-time Temporary
Cajal Neuroscience Inc. is seeking a part-time temporary Accounts Payable Specialist, reporting to the Controller, motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients suffering with neurodegenerative disorders. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experienced scientists, combining state-of-the-art approaches in computational biology, functional genomics, high-throughput imaging, translational models, and drug discovery. In a short time, we have assembled a terrific team of talented, innovative, and passionate individuals to transform the field of neurodegeneration drug discovery. We aim to identify novel drug targets based on a deeper understanding into the spatiotemporal progression of disease and translate those discoveries into therapeutics that change the course of neurodegeneration.
Cajal is now expanding to establish a world-class drug discovery organization. As part of our growing start-up team and environment, you will participate directly in the identification of business needs this role will deliver on as our organization evolves.
This Temporary/PT position is anticipated to start in mid-February 2024 and run through approximately June 2024. The part time schedule will be ~10 hours/week.
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation and approval
- Process invoices in bill.com in a timely and accurate manner (includes GL coding, approval routing, etc.)
- Conduct 3-way matching of PO’s, receipts, and invoices
- Review unbilled purchases for monthly accruals
- Process expense reports for candidates and visitors
- Assist with reconciliation of credit card transactions in Ramp
- Form W-9 and 1099 processing and maintenance
- Reconcile vendor statements; research and correct discrepancies
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with monthly filing of Washington State Use taxes
- Additional tasks as assigned/needed
- 2-4+ years of Accounts Payable experience with life sciences/lab environment strongly preferred
- BA, BS or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred
- Experience with Bill.com, Netsuite (or similar systems) is required
- Experience with Quartzy (or other procurement systems) is required
- Familiarity with Washington State Sales and Use Tax is required
- Detail oriented, reliable, and able to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Google Suite (docs, sheets, slides, gmail) & MS Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- This is a PART-TIME TEMPORARY position, starting mid-February 2024 and expected to run through June 2024.
- Position requires onsite availability at our Seattle office through the training period and on occasion through the duration of the assignment.
- Part Time schedule is expected to be ~10 hours/week.
- This opportunity does not offer relocation or visa sponsorship.
- This is a Part-Time/Temporary, non-benefited position.
- The salary range for this role is: $30-35/hour
*Final compensation depends on qualifications, experience, and level of skills relevant to the role, along with location, where applicable.
Cajal is a team of people-first individuals, motivated by our shared mission to advance the field of neurodegeneration. We are committed to ensuring that all our team members feel supported, connected, and energized at work. Our team members eagerly navigate the uncertainty and fast-paced environment of an early-stage biotech company and thrive on getting things done. We value creativity and curiosity in our work, and we take pride in the generosity, sincerity, and kindness of our team members.
Located in the Eastlake neighborhood of Seattle, Cajal sits at the heart of a vibrant biotech community, directly between research giants such as the Allen Institute and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center. We are surrounded by fellow innovative biotech companies and startups and within a stone’s throw of the beautiful Lake Union and the University of Washington. Our newly renovated office and labs offer ample natural light and stunning views of the Space Needle downtown. Our kitchen is fully stocked with coffee, tea, and snacks. All desks are sit-stand for maximal comfort and our meeting rooms seamlessly support hybrid teams.
Cajal is an equal opportunity employer that guarantees a work environment that respects and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you require any accommodations during the recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, employment is conditioned upon full vaccination (per CDC guidelines) from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. Cajal will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.
Please apply with your CV/resume and cover letter via our applicant tracking system Greenhouse.