Research Associate II, Drug Discovery - in vitro Pharmacology
Cajal is seeking a Research Associate II, motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients suffering with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on trouble-shooting tasks that arise in startups, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment. As a Research Associate II at Cajal, you will be part of and support the Drug Discovery group, tasked with rapidly inventing and advancing transformative therapies.
- Follow standard protocols to conduct and interpret pharmacology experiments in cellular models;
- Perform RNA extraction, qPCR, protein extraction, protein assays, and associated data analysis;
- Perform tissue culture of immortalized adherent cell lines, primary cells, and IPSCs;
- Occasional weekend lab work may be required, flexible accommodations for that work can be provided;
- Collaborate with in vivo and in vitro pharmacologists within the Drug Discovery group and interact with cross-functional project teams to interpret and present key data.
This job might be great for you if you have:
- Have 2+ years of experience with standard molecular biology techniques;
- have experience with cell culture, transfection, and/or transduction of mammalian cells;
- have exposure to cell-based assays;
- have exposure to laboratory automation;
- are detail-oriented and thrive in a highly collaborative, team-oriented startup environment;
- love working in the lab, are organized, and take pride in your work;
- have a BA, BS, MS or equivalent degree in a biology-related field and relevant research lab-based experience.
- This lab-focused position requires on-site availability on a daily basis.
- The annual base salary range for this role is $68,000-74,000*
*Final salary depends on qualifications, experience, and level of skills relevant to the role, along with location, where applicable.
Cajal is a team of people-first individuals, motivated by our shared mission to advance the field of neurodegeneration. We are committed to ensuring that all our team members feel supported, connected, and energized at work. Our team members eagerly navigate the uncertainty and fast-paced environment of an early-stage biotech company and thrive on getting things done. We value creativity and curiosity in our work, and we take pride in the generosity, sincerity, and kindness of our team members.
- Competitive compensation based on experience level
- Health insurance: 100% coverage of premiums for employee, partner, & all dependents
- Dental insurance: 100% of premiums
- Vision insurance: 100% of premiums
- Life insurance: 100% of premiums for 2x salary coverage
- Access to Flexible Spending Account
- 401(K) Plan with matching contributions
- 5 weeks paid time off plus 13 company holidays (2 floating)
- 8 weeks parental leave for primary caregiver or 4 weeks for secondary caregiver in addition to WA Paid Family & Medical Leave (up to 12 additional weeks)
- Generous commuter benefits including free metro cards, on site locker rooms/showers/towel service, modern bike cage and free bike tunes
Located in the Eastlake neighborhood of Seattle, Cajal sits at the heart of a vibrant biotech community, directly between research giants such as the Allen Institute and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center. We are surrounded by fellow innovative biotech companies and startups and within a stone’s throw of the beautiful Lake Union and the University of Washington. Our newly renovated office and labs offer ample natural light and stunning views of the Space Needle downtown. Our kitchen is fully stocked with coffee, tea, and snacks. All desks are sit-stand for maximal comfort and our meeting rooms seamlessly support hybrid teams.
Cajal is an equal opportunity employer that guarantees a work environment that respects and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you require any accommodations during the recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, employment is conditioned upon full vaccination (per CDC guidelines) from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. Cajal will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.
Please apply with your CV/resume and cover letter via Greenhouse.