Senior Manager, Client Development
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
CAPE Analytics is the leading provider of geospatial property intelligence. CAPE provides instant property insights for millions of residential and commercial buildings by analyzing high-resolution imagery, property records, and novel data sources using computer vision and machine learning. With a mission to better understand and protect the built environment, CAPE provides property stakeholders with risk-predictive property attributes that are more timely, accurate, and objective than on-site inspections. Comprised of insurance, real estate, and data experts, CAPE is backed by leading venture capital firms and insurance carriers.
A BIT ABOUT US
Since our founding in 2014, CAPE Analytics has used machine learning and computer vision to pioneer a new form of property information, built specifically for the organizations that finance, protect, and invest in our homes and businesses. Our 75+ (and rapidly growing!) clients across insurance and real estate are leading a digital transformation to secure properties and livelihoods in the face of complex trends in housing and climate.
CAPE’s insurance solutions have been adopted by leading carriers across the U.S., Canada, and Australia...but we are just getting started. Over the past 10 years, we’ve constructed an analytics platform purpose-built for deep learning. CAPE is undergoing substantial growth following our $44 million Series C financing, marking a significant evolution for us as a late-stage startup. In CAPE’s next phase, we’re setting out to solve a larger share of the problem, leveraging a radically expanded array of input data sources and advanced machine learning technologies.
The Senior Manager, Client Development is responsible for managing existing client relationships, ensuring successful adoption, contract renewals and identifying new business opportunities for the CAPE suite of products within the existing client base. This individual will conduct business from their virtual office and travel to customer/prospect locations, when necessary.
This position carries a highly competitive salary, commission, and stock options structures that reward your efforts monetarily with career growth opportunities readily available based on personal achievement. Continue reading to learn more about the pay range for this position, and CAPE’s compensation philosophy.
This position is an Individual Contributor role.
Position OTE: $200k - $230k. Base salary range listed below.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Work with the sales team and leadership to learn/understand the CAPE products and fully articulate the CAPE value proposition.
- Understand the tools, technology, and processes deployed across our organization.
- Frame out account strategies for existing clients with sales leadership team.
- Learn about insurance deal cycles and the influencing factors that can contribute to CAPE success
- Meet and understand CAPE’s marketing and sales enablement efforts
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Drive client adoption, discovery and advancement conversations.
- Make thoughtful recommendations to the sales leadership team on account injection points. Independently manage external meetings in an attempt to advance carriers usage and value from the CAPE solution.
- Work closely with sales/marketing teams to build and execute account-based marketing plans.
- Further your understanding of CAPE and the CAPE market impact potential.
- Understand new CAPE Innovation and develop tailored GTM strategies.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Have established deep contacts internally and externally.
- Have become proficient in the tools used to advance deals cycles. Understand the impact of business intelligence and how success can generate new/faster success.
- Fully understand the CAPE processes and value propositions.
- Have quantifiable and sustainable success driving carrier relationships.
THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years sales, sales engineering, client success, account management, client training or equivalent experience, preferably with SaaS or data-driven product company
- Proven success supporting technology adoption, usage, and client engagement
- Stability – Proven history of being a consistent, top performer.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present to executive-level audiences as well as users (both business and technical audience)
- Domain expertise in SaaS, data-driven products, or experience in the insurance vertical required
- Proficiency in the understanding of insurance carrier processes.
- Strong business acumen and ability to build strong client relationships, experience interacting with senior executives across multiple industries.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent sales cycles effectively.
- Familiarity and comfort with Google suite of products, including Slides and Sheets.
- Experience with CRM tools, such as Salesforce.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve service related issues whether they be business or technical issues
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team and across the organization matrix to achieve group and organizational goals
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Tableau and/or demonstrated mastery in Excel preferred
- May require local or overnight business travel up to 25%
As a member of the CAPE sales team, you will work alongside market leaders with a proven track record of influencing and elevating the insurance market. The Senior Manager, Client Development role works across the organization, teaming with marketing, client success, and product to create and implement new and innovative go-to-market strategies. As a member of the CAPE team on the whole, you’ll work alongside brilliant, collaborative, eager and enthusiastic team members who want to make an impact across various markets.
*Talent is critical, but best when tempered with humility
*Self-motivation leads to the best outcomes
*Open, direct communication is a sign of respect
*Teamwork drives success
*Having fun together is an important part of the job
View our CCPA policy here
***CAPE Analytics is an E-verify participant.***