Junior Backend Engineer
Junior Backend Engineer:
About the Company:
Clarifai is a leading, full-lifecycle deep learning AI platform for computer vision, natural language processing, audio recognition, and large language models (LLM). We help organizations transform unstructured images, video, text, and audio data into structured data at a significantly faster and more accurate rate than humans would be able to do on their own. Founded in 2013 by Matt Zeiler, Ph.D. Clarifai has been a market leader in AI since winning the top five places in image classification at the 2013 ImageNet Challenge. Clarifai continues to grow with employees remotely based throughout the United States, Canada, Argentina, India, and Estonia.
We have raised $100M in funding to date, with $60M coming from our most recent Series C, and are backed by industry leaders like Menlo Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, New Enterprise Associates, LDV Capital, Corazon Capital, Google Ventures, NVIDIA, Qualcomm and Osage.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce.
As a Junior Backend Engineer you will collaborate on a small team to keep Clarifai's platform up to date with the latest and greatest open-source and third-party AI models.
You architect our AI web services in addition to improving existing features, reliability, flexibility, and scalability as usage increases with more popular models. We are looking for someone comfortable in a few programming languages and excited about building new features in Go and Python. You should care about software design and have help built systems that other people love to use and work with. Bonus if you have experience building and scaling distributed, highly-available systems.
- Join a newly forming team that will play a key role in keeping our platform up to date with the latest and greatest open-source and third-party AI models
- A minimum of 3+ year of backend software development experience (i.e. C++, Python, Java, Golang, C#, etc.)
- Understanding of microservices architecture and best practices
- Strong background in building scalable and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Past experience in building applications such as data pipelines, data caching/storage systems, and/or RPC services
- Experience with performance tuning
- Self driven, confident and capable to operate independently and communicative
Nice to Have:
- Passion or curiosity to explore and learn about new AI developments, especially LLMs and various generative capabilities
- Experience with Golang or Python is a huge plus
- Previous experience with developing machine learning infrastructure
- Deep understanding of any SQL/NoSQL DB.
- Experience working in a tech company/industry. AI experience is a plus.
- Experience working on a distributed team