Director of Public Sector Research - Machine Learning
About the Company
Clarifai is a leading, full-lifecycle deep-learning AI platform for computer vision, natural language processing, LLM's and audio recognition. We help organizations transform unstructured images, video, text, and audio data into structured data at a significantly faster and more accurate rate than humans would be able to do on their own. Founded in 2013 by Matt Zeiler, Ph.D. Clarifai has been a market leader in AI since winning the top five places in image classification at the 2013 ImageNet Challenge. Clarifai continues to grow with employees remotely based throughout the United States, Canada, Argentina, India and Estonia.
We have raised $100M in funding to date, with $60M coming from our most recent Series C, and are backed by industry leaders like Menlo Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, New Enterprise Associates, LDV Capital, Corazon Capital, Google Ventures, NVIDIA, Qualcomm and Osage.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Note: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we require an active Top Secret Clearance for this position.
As a leader within Clarifai, you will be the Director of the Public Sector Research team, working on AI/ML projects assisting US IC/DoD/Civilian agencies. You will work on cutting edge projects involving Computer Vision, LLM's, and NLP.
As the Director of Public Sector Research, you will be in a key position to shape the future and growth of the company.
- You will lead multiple programs and manage a talented team of cleared research scientists.
- You will be expected to identify new research opportunities and help mitigate risk by prioritizing and making a cost/effectiveness analysis.
- You will lead your team to use and develop cutting edge technologies and SOTA research to solve real world problems empowering the usage of our platform.
- You will closely work with product, engineering, infra and solutions managers to optimize existing and new capabilities.
- You will be a key influencer on the roadmap, achieving our immediate goals and defining our long term strategy.
- 3+ years as an ML Research Manager
- Hands-on experience crafting and experimenting with neural networks, machine learning techniques and computer vision models
- Fluent with deep learning framework such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Fluent with Python and experience with data science and machine learning packages such as NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, and Matplotlib
- Masters in Computer Science or a related field
- Top Secret Clearance
Great to Have
- PhD in machine learning-related field
- Experience with various machine learning hubs and frameworks like huggingface, detectron2, OpenMMLab (mmdetection, mmsegmentation, etc.)
- Experience with MLOps tools such as kubernetes and kubeflow
- Experience with NVIDIA's optimization tools such as TensorRT, Triton
- Experience with Go programming language
- Published research papers/patents/blogs
- Contribution to open-source projects