Full Stack API Engineer
Full Stack API Engineer
About the Company:
Clarifai is a leading, full-lifecycle deep-learning AI platform for computer vision, natural language processing, audio recognition, and large language models (LLM). We help organizations transform unstructured images, video, text, and audio data into structured data at a significantly faster and more accurate rate than humans would be able to do on their own. Founded in 2013 by Matt Zeiler, Ph.D. Clarifai has been a market leader in AI since winning the top five places in image classification at the 2013 ImageNet Challenge. Clarifai continues to grow with employees remotely based throughout the United States, Canada, Argentina, India, and Estonia.
We have raised $100M in funding to date, with $60M coming from our most recent Series C. We are backed by industry leaders like Menlo Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, New Enterprise Associates, LDV Capital, Corazon Capital, Google Ventures, NVIDIA, Qualcomm and Osage.
We are looking for a Full Stack API Engineer to join our engineering team. You will collaborate closely with the backend, infrastructure and applied machine learning engineers to craft and implement new product features. You also may assist with building the systems and services behind the magic. Neural networks are data-hungry beasts so we keep them well fed!
To succeed in this role, you are passionate about using your frontend and backend engineering expertise to broaden the reach of our artificial intelligence technology and make it easily accessible to all.
- Build and maintain SDK in multiple programming languages that will give users hands-on access to our machine-learning platform to perform custom training, create ml pipelines and use pre-trained models.
- Develop and maintain API Clients in multiple languages.
- Think from the Developer /Data scientist perspective in designing the API clients for creating best-in-class developer experiences.
- Develop reusable modules, and components, and build tools for both internal and external use cases
- Work on logging infrastructure: collection, storage and analysis
- Build and use benchmarking and load-testing tools
- Design, deploy and manage web-scale distributed storage systems of various flavours, both relational (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (redis, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years of professional full-stack development experience
- Production experience in Typescript, Go, and Python.
- Experience using one of the following languages is mandatory: Rust/Java /PHP
- Willingness to learn/hack other languages to create & maintain API clients
- Experience in distributed computing (e.g. Hadoop and Spark)
- Experience using React/Redux, Babel Webpack and SCSS
- Experience building and consuming RESTful APIs
Nice to Have:
- Experience building enterprise software is a plus
- Background in search engines or information retrieval, cloud computing infrastructure (AWS), and/or containerization systems (Docker/K8s).
Clarifai is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce.