Data Scientist - Public Sector
About the Company
Clarifai is a leading, full-lifecycle deep learning AI platform for computer vision, natural language processing, LLM's and audio recognition. We help organizations transform unstructured images, video, text, and audio data into structured data at a significantly faster and more accurate rate than humans would be able to do on their own. Founded in 2013 by Matt Zeiler, Ph.D. Clarifai has been a market leader in AI since winning the top five places in image classification at the 2013 ImageNet Challenge. Clarifai continues to grow with employees remotely based throughout the United States, Canada, Argentina, India and Estonia.
We have raised $100M in funding to date, with $60M coming from our most recent Series C, and are backed by industry leaders like Menlo Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, New Enterprise Associates, LDV Capital, Corazon Capital, Google Ventures, NVIDIA, Qualcomm and Osage.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce.
You will be responsible for the development of custom models to solve real world problems for business and expand Clarifai's presence in the rapidly expanding AI solutions space.
- Manage the development of labeled data sets
- Develop, analyze the performance of, and document machine learning models and the datasets on which they were trained and validated
- Support client engagements for creating custom models
- Work 3-4 days/week remotely
- Work 1-2 days/week at a government site in the DC area
- Development experience in Mac and/or Linux environments
- Experience with Python scripts and Jupyter notebooks
- Experience with Spark SQL and Parquet data
- Experience with Gitlab/Github
- Technical writing skills
- Cloud computing skills (AWS, GCP)
- College degree BS (computer science, math, physics)
- Live in the greater DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia) area
- Hold or recently held a Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Experience manipulating data on government computing infrastructure
- Deployment in cleared government facilities
Great to Have
- Master of Science degree or higher
- Machine learning development experience
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Kubeflow, MLflow, or other MLops environments
- TS/SCI security clearance