UX Research Manager
About the Company
Clarifai is a leading, full-lifecycle deep learning AI platform for computer vision, natural language processing, and audio recognition. We help organizations transform unstructured images, video, text, and audio data into structured data at a significantly faster and more accurate rate than humans would be able to do on their own. Founded in 2013 by Matt Zeiler, Ph.D. Clarifai has been a market leader in AI since winning the top five places in image classification at the 2013 ImageNet Challenge. Clarifai continues to grow with employees remotely based throughout the United States and in Tallinn, Estonia.
We have raised $100M in funding to date, with $60M coming from our most recent Series C, and are backed by industry leaders like Menlo Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, New Enterprise Associates, LDV Capital, Corazon Capital, Google Ventures, NVIDIA, Qualcomm and Osage.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Your challenge as a UX researcher is to uncover the fundamental needs of our ideal personas (developers, data scientists, business operators) customers as they progress through the various stages of implementing artificial intelligence solutions for their organization. You will drive primary research that explores their motivations, while collaborating with different product teams to re-imagine our product portfolio and introduce new features. Your success will depend on your ability to reveal deep insights about our customers and make convincing recommendations that influence innovation.
- Use research methods to understand more about our market and evaluate customer behavior and needs
- Recommend research methods, develop studies, source candidates, conduct interviews, and complete other usability assessments including phone surveys and heuristic evaluations
- Collaborate with product teams and other researchers to organize opportunities, execute research and synthesize insights
- Prepare moderator script & moderate sessions based on research goals; Prepare post-session surveys
- Use best practices to tabulate and analyze results, as well as make convincing recommendations based on findings
- Promote findings and propose strategy improvements to different audiences using written and oral presentations
- Collect and analyze user behavior through benchmark studies, lab studies, surveys, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing).
- Collaborate with Clarifai’s sales and marketing teams to size market opportunities
- 5+ years of work experience integrating user research into product experiences
- Advanced understanding of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts
- Advanced experience with remote usability testing tools, such as UserTesting, GoToMeeting or others.
- Experience with SQL/Python/data gathering frameworks valued but not required.
- Understanding of data science, machine learning, and deep learning are a benefit. Willingness to learn is required.
- Deep familiarity with the product development lifecycle, including agile development, design thinking, and design sprints.
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting to senior leadership.
- Bachelor or masters in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Social Science or equivalent practical experience.