Developer Relations Manager
About the Company
Clarifai is a leading, full-lifecycle deep learning AI platform for computer vision, natural language processing, LLMs, and audio recognition. We help organizations transform unstructured images, video, text, and audio data into structured data at a significantly faster and more accurate rate than humans would be able to do on their own. Founded in 2013 by Matt Zeiler, Ph.D. Clarifai has been a market leader in AI since winning the top five places in image classification at the 2013 ImageNet Challenge. Clarifai continues to grow with employees remotely based throughout the United States, Canada, Argentina, India and Estonia.
We have raised $100M in funding to date, with $60M coming from our most recent Series C, and are backed by industry leaders like Menlo Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, New Enterprise Associates, LDV Capital, Corazon Capital, Google Ventures, NVIDIA, Qualcomm and Osage.
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Clarifai is seeking an experienced Developer Relations Manager to join our dynamic, international team. As an AI Developer Relations Manager, you will build and nurture a vibrant ecosystem surrounding our AI platform. Your role will involve becoming an advocate for our technology, creating connections, inspiring developers, and acting as a feedback loop with our product team.
- Serve as a technical ambassador in the developer community
- Develop and maintain close relationships with developers and partners
- Increase the adoption and engagement of our platform within the developer community
- Create and deliver presentations, webinars, documentation, and training for developers
- Provide feedback (technical, usability, feature requirements etc) from the developer community to the product teams, sales, and marketing teams and work closely with those teams to advocate for the developers needs and platform improvements.
- Engage in online developer forums, events, and hackathons and assist with issue resolution.
- Define and monitor KPIs to measure the effectiveness of developer relationships, campaigns and programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field. Master's degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in Developer Relations, Software Engineering, or related field
- Strong understanding of AI/ML technologies
- Advanced knowledge of the ML lifecycle from data preparation, model training, and evaluation, to model operationalization
- Demonstrable experience creating and delivering developer-oriented content
- Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Strong executive presence
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Experience with computer vision and LLMs
- Preferred location is San Francisco, CA, USA
Great to Have
- You stay on top of the latest generative AI technologies and are excited to build content around them
- Passionate about opens source development and interested in contributing to Clarifai’s open-source projects
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (product management, marketing, engineering, customer success, etc).
- An entrepreneurial mindset that emphasizes scrappiness, experimentation, and creativity - done is better than perfect
- Practical experience with content creation tools (e.g. Figma, Final Cut, Runway ML, Canva, etc.)
- Experience performing audience research and developing relevant target groups
Salary commensurate with experience will be in the range of $150,000 - $225,000 USD.