Group Product Manager
Emeryville, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Our mission is to build the Covariant Brain, a universal AI to give robots the ability to see, reason and act on the world around them. Bringing AI from research in the lab to the infinite variability and constant change of our customer’s real-world operations requires new ideas, approaches and techniques.
Success in the real world requires a team that represents that world: diversity of backgrounds, points of view, and experiences. Our common denominator: ambitious expectations, love of learning, empathy for those around us, and a team-first mindset.
Covariant product managers play a critical role in building the next generation of AI robotics for the real world. You’ll work closely with engineering, AI research, business development, marketing and more to build new robotics products.
- Create and drive a product roadmap with AI research, SW, and HW engineering to build new robotic products that solve customer needs
- Meet with customers to learn their pain points, and to understand the potential for new AI robotics applications
- Define and assess metrics to guide product development
- Coordinate with different areas of the business to keep everyone aligned on a shared vision and execute quickly
- A demonstrated track record of achievement
- 5+ years of experience working in product management
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, relationship management, and organizational skills
- BS/MS in a technical degree (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math) or work experience of comparable technical content
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
NICE TO HAVES
- Hardware product management experience
- AI product management experience
Base pay is one element of our total rewards package which may also include comprehensive benefits and equity etc., depending on eligibility. The annual base salary range for this position is from $200,000 to $250,000. The actual base pay offered will be determined on factors such as years of relevant experience, skills, education etc. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
COMPANY CORE VALUES
STRIVING FOR EMPATHY
TAKING ON THE IMPOSSIBLE, TOGETHER
Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
Unlimited PTO and Flexible work hours
401(k) plan and company match
Lunch and dinner each day (for on-site employees)
Monthly Health & Wellness budget
Quarterly Learning budget
At covariant.ai we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Covariant.ai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.