Implementation Manager (EU)
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Our mission is to build the Covariant Brain, a universal AI to give robots the ability to see, reason, and act on the world around them. Bringing AI from research in the lab to the infinite variability and constant change of our customer’s real-world operations requires new ideas, approaches, and techniques.
Success in the real world requires a team that represents that world: diversity of backgrounds, points of view, and experiences. Our common denominator: ambitious expectations, love of learning, empathy for those around us, and a team-first mindset.
As part of the Customer Success team, you’ll have a direct and significant impact on the experience of our customers. Implementation Managers are on the front lines with customers, developing strong relationships with the project teams, operational leaders, and key users. Implementation Managers develop a deep understanding of the project goals and motivations and work directly with Sales, Solutions, Product, and Engineering leaders to ensure a successful project delivery. It is the Implementation Manager’s role to update the customer on the project status and align requirements between the project teams on both sides to achieve a successful project outcome.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Project Management
- Customer Communications
- Technical Coordination
- Regularly communicate project progress to your customers and align on technical solutions. Thoroughly document customer requirements in a timely manner, advocate for them internally and create weekly reports for management.
- Be a technical partner with expertise in AI-robotics and integration of mechatronic systems of the implemented robotic stations
- Update and re-prioritise internal project trackers by regularly meeting with the product team and various engineering teams
- Proactively identify potential risk with the on-going progress of your projects and offer solutions to solve those
- Be a key contributor to the constant refinement of our global processes as defined by the global Project Management Officer
- Become a trusted advisor and build lasting relationships at various level of management within your customer’s organization, from project managers to senior operational leaders
- Visit your customer sites regularly, the position requires up to 20% travel.
- A degree in engineering or business-related field combined with 2-5+ years of relevant customer-facing experience
- Proven working experience as a project manager, a consultant or in a technical customer-facing role
- Excellent presentation, written, communication, and interpersonal skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to successfully communicate and work with senior operational leaders
- An assertive personality and the ability to perform in a fast past environment
- Exceptional prioritization, time management, and organization skills to coordinate internal and external teams for a successful outcome of multiple projects at once
- German and English-speaking and writing ability at C2 proficiency
- Preferably familiarity with the logistics industry
- Preferably experience in solutions combining both software and hardware
SAMPLE WEEK IN THE LIFE
- Monday: Prepare customer facing deck drafts, which you need to align with various internal teams ranging from product, software, hardware and sales. Also prepare a technical workshop with the Covariant hardware team to provide answers on conveyor integration questions for your customer.
- Tuesday: Have an alignment call with the product manager and deployment lead to align the timeline, project status and open todos. Based on the info gathered, you condense the relevant information for the customer in an appealing deck, which your customer will share with a wide range of stakeholders within their organization.
- Wednesday: Lead and coordinate a technical workshop with the customer, their supplier and our hardware team. Your main task is to facilitate the solution finding process so that Covariant will deliver a high performing AI-robotics station that fits the customer’s needs. Have a weekly call with the project team of another customer and share project updates, take their inputs and write a report for the internal team on what needs to be done.
- Thursday: Fruits of your hard work finally pay off - Site Acceptance Test (SAT) is happening and the final moment of truth is about to come. Another AI-robotics station is going live. You travel to a customer site to support SAT, provide a detailed performance metrics report to your client and finally hand off the pilot system to their operations team.
- Friday: Update internal project task tracking tools you have created and follow-up with internal teams on the status of their todos. You identify a large risk of delay - think of an action plan that you will align with the Covariant team in the afternoon. Get sign-off from leadership to propose this to the customer the following week.
COMPANY CORE VALUES
STRIVING FOR EMPATHY
TAKING ON THE IMPOSSIBLE, TOGETHER
Covariant will reimburse Medical, Dental, Vision and Travel insurance up to a certain limit.
There is a €60 limit for Supplemental Private
30 vacation days
Flexible working hours
€200 Learning budget per quarter - books, courses, etc.
€35 wellness budget per month - gym membership, fitness classes, etc.
At covariant.ai we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Covariant.ai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.