The Asahi Kasei Group operates with a commitment of creating for tomorrow. Our business sectors, Material, Homes, and Health Care, contribute to the development of society by anticipating the changing needs of those around the world. We look for candidates that offer a fresh perspective and a variety of skills to help us achieve our commitment.We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Crystal IS where we are partnering with customers to make the world a healthier, safer place with UVC LEDs that support disinfection and sensing applications around the world.
Crystal IS, Inc.
We are seeking a Process Technician to work the night shift responsible for manufacturing AlN boules and processing wafers in accordance with Crystal IS Work Instructions and product (substrate) specifications. You will be working in a clean work environment with a collaborative team. This is a full-time position with benefits, generous 401K match, and wellness program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train for and contribute to any Production or Device Test process including all steps from incoming receipt of raw materials and manufactured parts to final shipment of substrates or finished goods to customers.
- Responsible for careful handling of raw materials, boules, and wafers, cleaning wafers.
- Responsible for processing material in accordance with Run Sheets and/or travelers and associated work instructions.
- Responsible for recording data on Run Sheets/Travelers and in SQL and Syspro databases.
- Responsible for notifying Engineering if there is a problem with the equipment, material, or process.
- Responsible for notifying Operations Manager and Lead Tech about damaged wafers.
- Responsible for following clean room protocols and wearing clean room apparel in designated area.
- Responsible for following Crystal IS safety protocols.
- Responsible for wearing PPE as required by Safety Policy and Work Instructions.
- Responsible for filling and labeling containers with product.
- Work with Facilities to maintain tool logs.
- Work with Inventory Control to maintain proper inventory levels.
- Work with and assist R&D and Product Development teams as needed.
- Promote company safety.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate.
- Prefer science background with two or more years’ experience in a related industry.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to work night schedule on 12-hour shifts (4 by 3, two-week schedule, 48 hours and 36 hours).
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Stand for extended periods of time.
The base compensation range for this role is $22.80 an hour for night shift.
Click and apply to this posting or visit our career site at https://akamerica.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/aka
Crystal IS Inc. is a leading manufacturer of UVC LEDs for monitoring and disinfection of water, air and surfaces. Our proprietary technology in semiconductor substrates (Aluminum Nitride) and epitaxial growth processes is used to create high performance UVC LEDs that are more compact, more reliable, environmentally friendly, with the ability to offer the most effective on-demand output from 230-280nm than traditional UV lamps. To learn more, visit www.cisuvc.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Asahi Kasei believes a diverse workforce will provide us with the ability to continuously support the changes in the economy, society, and environment.