Regional Sales Manager
Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
The Regional Sales Manager is a consultative business role with overall responsibility for business performance via managing all aspects of customer accounts in a specific region. Specific focus on exceeding quarterly sales targets for production metal additive printers. In addition, this role will develop and target markets and customers having potential need for Desktop Metal products and services. The Regional Sales Manager is expected to build and manage a sales pipeline from inception to completion and operate within the Desktop Metal sales process. This position will be creative in developing new approaches to introducing Desktop Metal in the marketplace and will work with marketing for lead generation.
- Prospecting/originate sales contacts and follow-up on all new production volume business development opportunities and working with marketing on new targeted lead generation
- Initiate sales calls with senior level executives, respond to customer inquiries and follow-up on any action items
- Drive sales campaigns, leveraging and following a proven world class sales process
- Secure new orders for business and negotiate pricing, delivery, and related matters to achieve optimum profitability for company
- Create rolling 90 forecasts and ensure execution and accuracy; take action to insure overall business objectives are achieved
- Attend key industry trade shows and exhibitions (additive manufacturing, MIM, oil & gas, defense, etc.)
- Responsible to service all the needs of existing customer accounts and to help build and maintain long term relationships
- Look to generate new business opportunities from existing accounts
- Act as the main voice of customer to Desktop Metal organization and help facilitate internal processes to support the customer
- Provide feedback to marketing and product management on wins/losses, opportunities and market trends.
- Attend and participate in any training or education required by company
- In a timely manner, input all sales activities into CRM
- Responsible for timely and accurate submission of necessary reports including business reviews, forecasts, and pipelines
- Interface with other Sales Personnel, Accounting, Order Entry, Shipping and other departments to assure accurate and consistent data is maintained throughout internal systems
- Follow all company policies and procedures and support the continuous improvement quality process
- Represent the company in a positive and highly professional manner
- 5+ years prior experience in B2B capital equipment sales with ASP of $500k to $2M (machine tool, industrial printers, or other heavy equipment.)
- Proven success and experience at C-Level Sales and financial value selling at winning new customers
- Additive manufacturing industry experience a plus; strong technical skills helping facilitate conversations is a plus
- Convincing communication skills and decision making ability for both the development of long term customer relationships and achievement of goals within the company
- Goal oriented and a self-starter as this role with willingness to travel up to 75%
- Excellent organization, time-management and follow-up ability
- Experience in use of a CRM system (Preferably Salesforce.com)
- Openness to new ideas and willingness to iterate quickly and often
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This is remote location position – typically from a home oﬃce.
- Requires extensive travel to opportunities and end customer locations as well as visits to DM Headquarters in Burlington, MA.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.