Senior Security Engineer
Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
Are you passionate about safeguarding digital landscapes, ensuring the integrity of sensitive information, and staying one step ahead of cyber threats? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you. We seek a talented and dedicated Security Engineer to join our team and play a pivotal role in fortifying our global organization's defenses against evolving cyber risks. In this critical position, you will have the chance to protect our systems and data and shape the future of our security infrastructure. If you are ready to take on this challenge and make a real impact, we encourage you to explore the details of our Security Engineer job description below. Join us in the ever-evolving world of cybersecurity and be part of a team dedicated to keeping our digital assets safe and secure.
- Identify security risks in our existing networks, systems, and processes and vet new technologies and applications.
- Plan and implement new security changes.
- Respond to employee security issues
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to identify and prioritize security solutions
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science
- NIST/ISO 27001/2 experience
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and get the job done
- Willingness to learn and teach the team
- Endpoint management best practices for Windows, Mac, Linux
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with monitoring systems and SIEM
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Well-versed in best security practices
- Elite problem solver
The following is a plus:
- CMMC experience
- Experience with automation software
- International experience
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.