Digital Biology is building a precision measurement platform to accelerate the development of precision therapies. We focus on integrating technologies that enable mapping biological interactions in their native tissue context, and deploying these at the scale needed to understand and impact human disease. Our platform has broad applicability, from elucidating mechanism of action and biomarkers, to screening of genetically encoded systems at scale.
Digital Biology is a rapidly growing Seed stage company backed by top VCs and partnering with the world’s top pharmaceutical companies. Our interdisciplinary team of biologists and engineers are passionate about bringing the future of biological measurements to life; we are looking for someone to work alongside us to make that a reality.
We are seeking a scientist to develop and optimize protocols for our spatial measurements platform. This role is focused on molecular biology design and lab protocol development toward improving tissue measurement resolution, multi-omics compatibility, and workflow efficiency. With support from our team, you will operate our core workflows end-to-end, from tissue handling, through imaging and DNA photolithography, and core analyses of output sequencing and image data. In working to optimize and integrate protocols into our processes, you will also contribute to building deep platform integration that includes automatable lab equipment and data infrastructure. Applicants should be strongly self-motivated to set ambitious goals with buy-in from the team, and to boldly optimize and problem solve toward success. We are a very integrated team and platform, and a propensity to work collaboratively and openly share plans, progress, and insights is key.
- Molecular design for optimization of spatial measurement technology resolution and multi-omic integration
- Design and execution of experiments to test parameters and optimize spatial measurement protocols end-to-end
- Development and maintenance of core bioanalytical assays
- Development and tracking of QC metrics for workflow steps
- Support biologically-driven optimizations for partner-facing project deliverables
- Assist in developing automated liquid-handling and on-scope workflows
- Assist in developing integrated data infrastructure at the interface of new lab protocols, LIMS, and analytical tools
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or related field. Or, skills commensurate with a Ph.D. level
- Strong track record of optimizing new molecular technologies using nucleic acid design and enzymology expertise
- Strong experience in tissue handling, staining, and imaging
- Deep understanding of a broad range of bioanalytical measurement assays for DNA/RNA/Protein
- Fluency in using NGS-based metrics for QC and analysis of experiment outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to lead rigorous and independent planning and execution of experiments
- Adept at protocol standardization and structuring data and metadata
- Industry experience, or demonstrated ability to manage projects, communication, and documentation at Industry standard
- Fluency in Python and/or R
- Experience in DNA library construction and high-throughput screening technologies
- Experience with single-cell or spatial-omics technology application or development
- 2+ years of industry experience
Company Benefits: Health, vision, and dental insurance + 401K plan
If you don't meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply or reach out to us. No job description is perfect – we may find an even more suitable opportunity that is a better fit for you.