Contract Quality Assurance Technician II
Echodyne offers the world’s first compact solid-state true beam-steering radar for a wide range of industries and applications. Our high-performance radars work in all weather and are designed for autonomous vehicles, uncrewed aircraft & drones, and security of borders, critical infrastructure, and smart cities. The company combines the patented technology of metamaterials with powerful software to create a radar sensor with unprecedented performance at commercial price points. Echodyne offers its radars to companies working in Automotive, Transportation, Critical Infrastructure Protection, Border Security, Smart Cities, Uncrewed Aircraft Systems (UAS), and Airspace Management including Urban Air Mobility (UTM).
Echodyne is seeking a Contract Quality Assurance Technician II (2nd Shift) to join our fast-paced team!
Echodyne is seeking a Contract Quality Assurance Technician II with experience in Incoming Quality Assurance to work in a fast-paced environment developing high-performance commercial radar solutions. The Contract Quality Assurance Technician II will be responsible for performing incoming material inspections for a variety of materials used in the assembly of radar systems and accessories.
- Apply inspection techniques using a variety of hand inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, indicators, ring gauges and programable test equipment such as an OGP Smartscope
- Initiate, investigate and resolve nonconformances, and maintain appropriate records as needed
- Ensure proper material identification, segregation and storage of incoming inspection material
- Work closely with members of Engineering, and Quality to ensure good communication and coordination of inspection related activities, including the creation of inspection plans
- Assist in evaluation of inspection methods/fixtures and provide improvement recommendations in conjunction with Engineering and Quality Engineering
- Take responsibility for Inventory Records, Key Performance Indicators and Metrics for Incoming Quality Assurance
- Actively participate in continuous Improvement and Lean projects
- Maintain current education in the field with internal and external education and training
- Assists with Quality Management System Audits
- Perform other related duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Programming of a multisensor measurement system experience, particularly with OGP products
- Experience working within a Quality Management System environment
- Extensive experience with PCBs, PCBAs, Custom Metal, injected molded plastics, and be able to assist with technical reviews with suppliers, Quality Engineers and Design Engineers
- Must be proficient in all areas of Inspection (Receiving, Receiving Inspection, FAI, Records Management)
- Assist with Supplier Scorecarding
- Proficient with process control analysis at suppliers
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and under pressure
- Knowledge of specification development, industry standards, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), etc.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and deliver innovative, effective and timely solutions
DESIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
(Looking for one or more as a complement to the core skills)
- Proactive, professional, self-starter and able to work well in teams of various cultures and backgrounds
- Proficient with Mechanical Test Equipment (MTE); calipers, micrometers, comparator, digital microscopes, Go/No-go gages, and Digital Multimeter
- ASQ Certified Quality Technician
- IPC-A-600, IPC-A-610, or IPC/WHMA-A-620 certified
- Familiar with Society of Plastic Industry (SPI) Cosmetic Specifications
- Lean Manufacturing: Kaizen and 6S experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in a mechanical/electrical inspection or directly relevant experience in a high-tech environment
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Working knowledge of MS Office; Word and Excel
- Able to collect, analyze and report data
- Self-Driven and able to work with limited supervision
Echodyne’s technology is export controlled by the U.S. Government and we must evaluate an applicant’s eligibility to handle export-controlled information or obtain required Government authorizations. Therefore, we will ask you as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or green card holder, or have asylum/refugee status in the U.S.
WHAT WE OFFER
The pay range for this position is $23.55 to $35.57 per hour.
Our comprehensive benefits package currently includes:
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage benefits for employee and family members
- 15 days paid vacation, 12 paid sick days, and 9 paid holidays
- Company paid disability, life insurance, employee assistance program and travel insurance
- 401k Plan
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.