Senior RF Test Engineer
Echodyne offers the world’s first compact solid-state true beam-steering radar for a wide range of industries and applications. Our high-performance radars work in all weather and are designed for autonomous vehicles, uncrewed aircraft & drones, and security of borders, critical infrastructure, and smart cities. The company combines the patented technology of metamaterials with powerful software to create a radar sensor with unprecedented performance at commercial price points. Echodyne offers its radars to companies working in Automotive, Transportation, Critical Infrastructure Protection, Border Security, Smart Cities, Uncrewed Aircraft Systems (UAS), and Airspace Management including Urban Air Mobility (UTM).
Echodyne is seeking a Senior RF Test Engineer to join our team developing next-generation commercial radar solutions.
Echodyne is seeking a Senior RF Test Engineer with experience in RF electronics to join our team working in a fast-paced environment developing high-performance commercial radar solutions.
As a Senior RF Test Engineer, you will play a key role in the development and production of Echodyne radars, enabling us to meet aggressive development goals while maintaining a high degree of engineering rigor. You will contribute to solving and learning from challenging problems and root-cause investigations related to system-level and board-level failures, all related to state-of-the-art radar. In this role, you will apply your knowledge of RF circuits and test methods to help solve challenging design and debug problems on cutting edge radar circuits.
- Plan and perform measurements and extended tests on Echodyne Radar RF subsystems and components
- Compile and analyze the resulting data, distilling into key performance metrics seeking full understanding of new RF circuits or in the identification of root-cause
- Design, maintain and improve RF test and measurement capabilities, methods, fixtures, and equipment
- Work with the electrical engineering, systems, and manufacturing teams to identify metrics of interest, anticipate measurement requirements, and develop tests and test-procedures
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Hands-on experience working with micro-electronics printed circuit assemblies in a lab environment
- Familiarity with in ESD (electro-static-discharge) equipment and procedures
- Experience using RF test equipment (networks analyzers, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, amplifiers, splitters and switches) at microwave frequencies
- Knowledge of standard RF metrics and how to access them through measurement, such as return-loss, gain, noise-figure, compression point and bandwidth
- Experience using digital and analog test and measurement equipment, including oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, and logic analyzers
- Hands-on experience analyzing test and measurement results in support root-cause analysis
- Experience with the development of tests and assessments to perform root-cause analysis
- Experience analyzing standard RF metrics such as return-loss, gain, noise-figure, compression point and bandwidth
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups
DESIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
(Looking for one or more as a complement to the core skills)
- Python or MATLAB experience interfacing with test equipment (via COM, PHY, GPIB, etc)
- Experience designing, building, and troubleshooting basic analog and digital circuits
- BS or MS Degree in Engineering or Physics with 5-7 years experience performing hands-on RF measurement
- Eligibility to handle export controlled data (ITAR, EAR)
Echodyne’s technology is export controlled by the U.S. Government and we must evaluate an applicant’s eligibility to handle export-controlled information or obtain required Government authorizations. Therefore, we will ask you as part of the application process to identify whether you are a U.S. Citizen or green card holder, or have asylum/refugee status in the U.S.
WHAT WE OFFER
The pay range for this position is $117,500 - $176,250 annually.
Our comprehensive benefits package currently includes:
- Incentive stock options
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage benefits for employee and family members
- Unlimited vacation, 12 paid sick days, and 9 paid holidays
- Company paid disability, life insurance, employee assistance program and travel insurance
- 401k Plan
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.