Technical Installation Specialist
The Elevator Pitch
Do you enjoy developing products? Are you skilled in product deployments? Do you have strong customer service skills? Do you want to help make the world a safer place?
As an Technical Installation Specialist, you will help Evolv achieve revenue objectives by deploying Express systems. This will include planning, delivering, installing, onsite training, and operational (go-live) support. You will be a vital part of training customers on how to set up, tear down, and use Evolv’s systems; therefore, previous experience installing hardware based systems is preferred but not required.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Attend Evolv's onboarding sessions at our headquarters in Waltham, MA
- Develop a strong understanding of Evolv and our vertical markets by reviewing videos and gaining direct product exposure
- Understand our products (value proposition, return on investment (ROI), operations, etc.)
- Complete Evolv's Level 2 Certified Training at our headquarters in Waltham
- Complete greater than 75% of the required LMS (Learning Management System) onboarding training
- Support at least one (1) Evolv product-based deployment at a customer or channel partner site
- Meet one on one with all other members of the Deployment Team as well as the Technical Sales & Solutions team leads for the region
Within 3 months, you will:
- Reinforce understanding of the Evolv Express through continued exposure and hands-on experience, whether independently or part of a group
- Be able to set up and demonstrate the system in a controlled setting and handle routine deployment-related questions
- Complete 100% of the required LMS onboarding training
- Support at least 3 Evolv product-based deployment activities (installations, training, and go-live support, etc.) at customers or channel partner sites
- Independently complete at least one (1) Evolv product-based deployment at a customer or channel partner site
- Be capable of traveling more than 85% of the time
By the end of the first year, you will:
- Regularly complete Evolv product-based deployments as part of a team, independently. or, in some cases, leading a team. This includes:
- Installing Evolv systems typically based on predefined solutions, including making adjustments as necessary based upon new site requirements
- Training customers or partners on how to set up, tear down and use Evolv systems
- Supporting the initial operational use (go-live) with customers or partners, providing operational and technical expertise as needed
- Be fully capable of troubleshooting system-based issues, as well as operational and security-based (people flow) issues.
- Be capable of traveling more than 85% of the time.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Leadership through deployments
- Lead or support Evolv product deployments at customer or partner sites
- Lead or support training sessions
- Lead or support operational go-lives
Customer Engagement and Customer Service
- Regularly engage customers in the deployment of Evolv's products, including supporting the resolution of any customer-related issues.
- Regularly provide in-person support during deployments to complete the activity or continuous improvement.
Personal and Technical Development
- Regularly complete any necessary training and career and other growth-related training.
- Regularly attend technical-based product training sessions.
Preferred Experience (Not Required)
- Previous experience installing hardware-based systems is a plus.
- A 2- or 4-year engineering technology degree is a plus.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will join the Technical Sales and Solutions team and report to the Deployment Manager.
- The team culture is based on building trust, collaboration, and ongoing development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive, and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The location of this role is in or around a metro area on the west side of the United States.
Something looks off?