Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Mechanical & Plastics)
The Elevator Pitch
Do you enjoy an ever-changing environment? Are you interested in learning new skills and have loads of energy? Evolv is looking for a Manufacturing/ New Product Introduction Engineer to support our company's growth in product lines! We need someone to help with our product launch activity into manufacturing as our engineering team is developing innovative ideas. In this role, you will be a crucial component in transferring our new products from engineering to manufacturing to ensure company success!
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Understand the processes and workflows of the Engineering and Manufacturing teams
- Familiarize yourself with our current products being developed in engineering
- Become proficient with Arena, our product documentation system
- Become familiar with operations and processes at our Contract Manufacturing Facility and our current product offering
- Understand the day-to-day process at HQ and our Contract Manufacturer
Within 3 months, you will:
- Have stepped into your role and start contributing to the ongoing new product design efforts as you increase bandwidth for the team
- Begin to offer DFM (Design for Manufacturing) ideas to the product development effort
- Take over managing plastic molding and mechanical suppliers for our new products
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure on-time and in spec product deliveries to scale up manufacturing
- Implement Master Supplier Agreements to ensure guaranteed product stock to feed Manufacturing
By the end of the first year, you will:
- Have taken the initiative to help develop processes and procedures to streamline the long-term relationships with suppliers that ensures they are making product to specification and in ample quantities
- Develop and implement processes that accurately ensure the proper transfer of new products to manufacturing
- Manage the feedback loop from manufacturing to engineering to correct any product deficiencies
- Identify creative solutions to drive cost out of the supply chain, manufacturing and the product designs
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to transferring new products from Design to Manufacturing
- Assist our Product Development team with Design for Manufacturing requirements
- Managing our plastics molding and mechanical component suppliers to ensure their deliverables meet our specification, on time and at capacity to match Evolv’s growth plans.
- Support manufacturing goals at our contract manufacturer
- Develop and maintain Master Supplier Agreements with Key Suppliers that guarantee on time delivery
- From time to time, roll up your sleeves and be part of the team to assist with Pilot Development of actual product.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the Supply Chain and Manufacturing team and reporting to the VP of Manufacturing Operations
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive, and fun!
Where is the role located?
This role is based out of the HQ in Waltham, Massachusetts with some flexibility in being remote some days. You will also be required to work out of our Manufacturing facility in Westborough, Massachusetts for periods of time during heavy product launch activities
- Five to ten years of experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally working with plastic molding suppliers, is a plus.
- Mechanical or plastics engineering degree is a plus.
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team that shares our vision for a safer world. If you are inspired by invention and gain satisfaction from seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture, Evolv will be a great fit.
- Equity is an important component of every compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Unique culture
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $300 per quarter to spend on the perks that are most meaningful to you
- Tuition Reimbursement
Evolv Technology (“Evolv”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace, and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law in the locations where we operate. Evolv will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Something looks off?