Sales Enablement Manager
The Elevator Pitch
Are you skilled in creating and developing onboarding plans for customer-facing employees? Do you enjoy taking what has already been created and reworking it, to better support the company’s needs?
As a Sales Enablement Manager, you will create an aligned approach to onboarding and educating our field sales organization in order to scale and create exceptional go-to-market expertise and understanding. You will help create an Evolv Franchise that has everyone aligned regarding our product and our capabilities
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Understand Evolv as a business and the mission
- Get out in the field and get to know our people and our customers
- Develop the technical training of our products and the soft skills that go along with that
- Have a working understanding of our GTM (Go-To-Market) Playbook and our sales process
- Understand the Challenger sales methodology and demonstrate how to use this approach to close
Within 3 months, you will:
- Gain the trust of the field sales team
- Action the opportunities for learning our teams have requested improvement on
- Develop very positive feedback from the team regarding the training program and the onboarding process
- Develop extremely positive feedback from new hires and gain support of our new hire program
- Improve sales forecast accuracy by 10% by guiding the sales team to strategically quantify and prioritize opportunities, as well as how to influence deals to close.
- Be as close to an expert on the "Evolv Way" and help sales managers be confident their teams can do the job in front of them with the tools that have been provided
- Share new ideas and material that is pertinent to the team
By the end of the first year, you will:
- Taken ownership of the complete sales enablement function while optimizing its success for the team
- Reduce ramp-up time by 3 months for new hires by providing comprehensive onboarding and meaningful training programs
- Increase win rates by 10%, by coaching the sales team on our compelling value proposition, objection-handling techniques and effective messaging strategies.
- Equip our team with tools and processes to increase account penetration by 15% for our top accounts
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Ensure we have a highly professional and humble sales organization that treats one another with respect
- Ensure the sales team fully understands the GTM Playbooks and the sales process (Evolv Way).
- Ensure the team fully understands how to take a deal from open to close with regards to Evolv's value proposition and the customers' needs
- Develop a team that understands where they need to go for information and support to get their jobs done
- Create an onboarding process that enables the new sales hire to achieve their goals within 3 - 6 Months
- Develop a sales organization that is aligned around our messaging across all products and verticals.
Leadership and Innovation
- Encourage responsible and professional discourse and collaboration, with a goal to value unique perspectives and increase engagement in the process
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of the Sales Enablement platform and make recommendations for continuous improvement
Team Engagement and Trust
- Build credibility with the team based on core understanding of Evolv Principles and Culture
- Show value in the enablement structure created
- Set up ongoing and consistent cadence with the team
Training and Coaching
- Collaborate with sales leadership to identify and prioritize training content and development opportunities for the team
- Customize training programs based on the unique needs of the team including onboarding, product training, and sales skills
- Maintain a library of sales enablement content including case studies, playbooks, and presentations
Customer Acquisition and Retention
- Drive sales productivity and increase sales performance:
- Focus on KPI improvements - Activities per week; Meetings per week; Win-rates; time to close
- Increase sales performance of the sales pod
- Equip the team with tools to increase account penetration of our existing accounts and partners
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the Revenue team and will report to the VP of North American Sales.
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The location of this role is based out of our HQ in Waltham, MA with flexibility to work remotely, approximately (50%) on weeks, without New Hire Class.
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team that shares our vision for a safer world. If you are inspired by invention and gain satisfaction from seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture, Evolv will be a great fit.
- Equity is an important component of every compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Unique culture
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $300 per quarter to spend on the perks that are most meaningful to you
- Tuition Reimbursement
Evolv Technology (“Evolv”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace, and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law in the locations where we operate. Evolv will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Something looks off?