Software Engineer, QA Automation
The Elevator Pitch
Are you a skilled Embedded Systems Quality Assurance Automation Engineer? Do you have experience and expertise in embedded systems architecture and quality assurance?
As an Embedded Systems Quality Assurance Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining automated processes for embedded systems validation, with an emphasis on improving software quality and reducing errors. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including software developers, hardware engineers, and product managers, to ensure our products meet high-quality standards. You will accelerate releases for a machine-learning, cloud-connected system that democratizes human security.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Meet with the express team, review architectural documentation, and understand the embedded and distributed architecture
- Attend internal system training to understand the Express scanner operation
- Map out express architecture and start investigating how to validate expected behavior
- Follow merge process to commit code that expands coverage
- Answer questions from the SQA team related to the express architecture
- Execute all manual regression by pair testing
Within three months, you will:
- Incorporate new methodologies\technologies for validating the behavior
- Work with engineering to define quantitative measurements that assert requirements
- Complete automation test plan
- Implement a test suite that validates a core component of express architecture
- Log ten failures that result in SW fixes
By the end of the first year, you will:
- Increase the velocity of the SW development process
- Reduce bug resolution time by fully defining defect
- Reduce test time by automating testing
- Visualize coverage of automated testing
- Define and populate testing artifacts that prove validation
- Demonstrate several areas that have automated validation of behavior
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Design and implement automated processes for validating embedded systems, including system, subsystem, and module testing
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to derive testable behavior from requirements. Develop and maintain scripts and tools to automate software and hardware testing, verification, and validation.
- Monitor and improve the performance of automated processes
- Introduce new test methodologies, technologies, and heuristics
- Implement and execute test plans, test cases, and test scripts to verify embedded functionality, reliability, and performance
- Perform root cause analysis and debug issues to ensure timely resolution
- Leverage various methodologies to maximize coverage: fault injection, fuzz, performance, boundary, negative, hardware in the loop
- Develop visualizations of coverage and test reports
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the SQA team and report to the Senior SQA Engineering Manager.
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, and ongoing development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The location of this role is based out of our HQ in Waltham, MA, with some flexibility in being remote some days.
- Equity is an important component of every compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Unique culture
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $300 per quarter to spend on the perks that are most meaningful to you
- Tuition Reimbursement
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team that shares our vision for a safer world. If you are inspired by invention and gain satisfaction from seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture, Evolv will be a great fit.
Evolv Technology (“Evolv”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace, and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law in the locations where we operate. Evolv will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Something looks off?