Accounts Receivable Analyst
The Elevator Pitch
Are you familiar with accounts receivable and the duties that come along with it? Do you enjoy assisting in the proper maintenance of accounts receivable?
As an Accounts Receivable Analyst, you will help us continue our sales growth by keeping up with a high volume of new orders that require invoicing and collecting. You will assist in the proper maintenance of accounts receivable by maintaining timely correspondence with customer inquiries.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Understand how Evolv's products and services are quoted, contracted, and invoiced
- Understand the day-to-day maintenance and organization of the accounts receivable mailbox
- Invoice sales orders for transactions of varying amounts.
- Be able to successfully run the AR aging report in NetSuite, review aging invoices, and reach out to customers requesting a collections update
Within 3 months, you will:
- Be working collaboratively with other team members, particularly with the revenue, order management, and logistics teams
- Have a basic understanding of the different types of invoicing language contained within contracts
- Understand the typical billing cycle for a contract and when to invoice different items on a sales order
- Ensure that sales orders, regardless of their monetary value, are eligible for invoicing to effectively close out orders while demonstrating comfort and confidence in the confirmation process.
- Be able to understand our systems and sources of data
- Be calling customers for collection status
By the end of the first year, you will:
- Be able to correctly generate invoices against all types of sales orders timely and independently
- Be able to create new customers upon request from the order management team
- Maintain the invoicing waterfall or similar report that provides visibility into future periods' invoices and amounts
- Compare internal quotes with external POs, ensure invoicing occurs per terms and conditions, or investigate discrepancies.
- Be able to provide a detailed analysis and list for any unbilled orders at quarter end.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers in resolving issues or disputed invoices.
- Provide collection status on aged invoices
- Improve aged receivables through your collections efforts
- Reconcile AR sub ledger to the general ledger monthly
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Understand the underlying data and information, where it comes from and how to use it
- Understand our accounting system and contracting process
- Be able to run relevant reports independently and complete invoicing and other necessary tasks
- Work well with the other team members and support other functions while being respectful and professional
- Adhering to deadlines is important for everyone to complete their tasks on time
- Raising your hand for any ad-hoc projects to help other team members
- Participating in meetings and openly raising any issues encountered will allow us to resolve issues more quickly
- Proactive and regular communication with team members to ensure everyone is aware of pending or resolved issues
- Not shying away from picking up the phone and calling customers to get any disputes resolved
- Timely and professional response to customers questions (both internal and external)
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the Finance and Accounting team and report to the Assistant Controller.
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The location of this role is based out of our HQ in Waltham, MA with some flexibility in being remote some days.
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team that shares our vision for a safer world. If you are inspired by invention and gain satisfaction from seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture, Evolv will be a great fit.
- Equity is an important component of every compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Unique culture
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan and company match
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $300 per quarter to spend on the perks that are most meaningful to you
- Tuition Reimbursement
Evolv Technology (“Evolv”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace, and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law in the locations where we operate. Evolv will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.