Senior Director of Channel
The Elevator Pitch
Are you skilled in expanding channel business within an organization? Do you enjoy creating and developing Channel Strategy and Programs?
As our Senior Director of Channel you will lead the creation and refinement of our Channel Strategy and Programs, in order to help Evolv reach its goals of enhancing our Channel business. You will define success metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) that will indicate the success of the implementation and execution in the field. You will also make recommendations and necessary adjustments, to ensure we achieve our goals.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of Evolv’s mission, understand our product, services, and values
- Build relationships within the Channel team and commit to a consistent weekly cadence for connecting with direct reports
- Understand the Sales Team Structure and deployment (Sales Pod)
- Plan at least 3 field visits to ensure understanding of the sales process, from demand generation through go-live
Within 3 months, you will:
- Define the right mix of channel partners, evaluating market opportunities, based on our channel revenue targets
- Establish credibility within the Channel Team and broader Revenue Organization
- Identify gaps to improve current processes and programs
- Streamline our processes with standards for the team, to ensure consistent communication and alignment with our Go-To-Market Strategy
- Provide the necessary tools, training, resources and support to enable channel partners to effectively sell our product
- Track and analyze Channel partner performance including revenue, market share, and profitability
- Outline recommendations to ensure progress toward revenue goals is met
- Share defined best practices for quarterly business reviews (QBR) with our partners
By the end of the first year, you will:
- Have fully enabled Channel program inclusive of vetting new partners and offboarding partners, established effective KPI's for successful partners and CAM’s (Channel Account Manager), and defined specific responsibilities for the enablement and activation roles
- Have built out consistent channel support including the necessary tools, training, and resources to effectively sell our product and ensure partner satisfaction
- Have created best practices for QBR's with our partners
- Clearly define roles and responsibilities across the channel team
- Create a success criterion to track the performance of the CAM team, including but not limited to employee engagement, team productivity, and individual performance
- Assess the overall return on investment of the channel program
- Present market analysis identifying opportunities and recommendations to optimize channel performance
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Be prepared in leading from the front and gaining credibility with an inherited team
- In the first 30 days, visit at least 3 sites
- In the first 60 days, create your vision and mission for the Channel Team
- In the first 90 days, share your leadership philosophy with your team to manage their expectations and your commitment to them as a team
- Be fully engaged with the Channel team both as a leader and as a teammate
- In the first 30 days, establish 1:1's with each direct report on a weekly basis
- In the first 90 days, establish QBR's with your direct reports
- Be on the road 50% of the time with your team
- Be innovative in expanding and revising our current channel program
- Uncover gaps and find ways to fill the needs and revise the organization as needed
- In the first 90 days, be able to present a complete strategy for the Channel Program for the next 3 years
- Not only refine the strategy, but lead the implementation and sustained execution as well
- In the first 90 days, build out channel standards and processes
- In the first 120 days, show success factors for the implementation being successful
Accountability and Measurement:
- Create success metrics and KPI's that will indicate the success of the implementation and execution in the field including partner revenue contribution, market share, and growth rates
- In the first 90 days, build out a partner and a Channel Account Manager effectiveness dashboard and KPI for success tracking
- Collaborate effectively with the VP of Sales as their direct manager and communicate consistently up and down through the organization for alignment
- In the first 120 days, you will present a collaborative GTM (Go to Market) strategy that aligns across the sales organization in partnership with the VP of Sales
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the Sales team and report to the VP of North American Sales.
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The location of this role is remote, with an expectation to connect with your team in the field, approximately 50% of the time.
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team that shares our vision for a safer world. If you are inspired by invention and gain satisfaction from seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture, Evolv will be a great fit.
- Equity is an important component of every compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Unique culture
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $300 per quarter to spend on the perks that are most meaningful to you
- Tuition Reimbursement
Evolv Technology (“Evolv”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace, and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law in the locations where we operate. Evolv will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.