Technical Sales & Solutions Engineer
The Elevator Pitch
Are you someone who likes to always be on the go? Do you love technology and understanding how it works? How about using these passions to create dynamic solutions for customers? Evolv’s Technical Sales and Solutions (TS&S) team is looking for a driven and energetic solutions engineer to help us develop, pilot and launch our products in variety of vertical markets, including schools, hospitals, stadiums, amusement parks, and casinos. Evolv is a mission-driven company, and we are looking for someone who shares our passion for making a real difference in society – saving lives and increasing quality of life wherever people gather.
As a key interface between customers and Evolv’s sales team, each solutions engineer plays a critical role in ensuring that our customers understand our products and that we understand our customers.
You will serve as an expert in all aspects of our current and emerging products, be responsible for leading actions from pre-sale to deployment, supporting launch activities, providing expertise in product applications, defining customer solutions, and gathering feedback. You will work collaboratively with the rest of the Evolv team to provide support for pilots, trials, trade shows and events, installations, collecting data and providing critical feedback to our engineering and product managers.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- In the first 30 days you will:
- Begin Evolv Express Technical Training
- Begin to support and help close top tier opportunities in the West Region
- Within 3 months you will:
- Be taking the initiative in group and independent situations to ensure Evolv, you and your customer are set up for success
- Be developing strong interpersonal relationships with teammates, sales executives, customer success managers and other members of Evolv’s revenue organization
- Have a strong understanding of the regional sales team’s top tier pipeline and strategy, and have outlined a plan on how to support quota for that quarter
- Have a strong understanding of the technical requirements of Evolv products
- Have trained at least five customers’ security staff on how to properly operate and staff the Evolv products
- Have the understanding and confidence to lead proof of concept, demo or pilot for opportunities in various verticals
- Have conducted a site survey and developed a concept of operations plans for at least one 2-5 system deal
- Be excited about taking on more responsibility over time
- By the end of your first year, you will:
- Have a complete understanding of the regional sales team’s pipeline for that quarter and be actively contributing to all deals within your sub-region
- Have led proofs of concept, demos and pilots in most or even all major verticals, including sports & entertainment, healthcare, and schools.
- Have led 2-4 complex deployments at strategic customers such as sports stadiums, large school districts and regional healthcare networks
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Sales Support
- Ensure regional teams meet quarterly sales quotas, conduct POCs, demos and pilots as required,
- Ensure all assigned opportunities in SFDC that go from Solution & Proposal Phase to Negotiation Phase have required TSS Inputs
- Solution Development
- Conduct site surveys, prepare ConOps Development for mid-range system deployments
- Create and submit proposals
- Technical Expertise
- Graduate from technical training within 45 days of start and be able to successfully troubleshoot 75% of technical issues within 3 months, be able to answer questions on system capabilities and limitations, speak to and answer questions on integrations capabilities
- Operational Security Expertise
- Gain operational knowledge of performing arts centers, casinos, tourist attractions, as well a deep understanding of the broader landscape of K-12 schools, healthcare and sports customers
- Project Management
- Lead strategic deployments of Express to include coordinating logistics, requesting personnel, creating clear timelines and tasks, and communicating with customer
- Cross Functional Team Engagement and Leadership
- Participate in TSS and regional sales team meetings, supporting all regional CSMs, regional channel mangers, regional field marketing managers and Express product managers and technical support staff
- Solutions Engineers travel 75% of the time minimally and are expected to work some nights and weekends, as those are when many of our customers are at peak operation. Typically our Solution Engineers travel to at least 2 cities within their dedicated Sales Pod, per week.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the Technical Sales and Solutions team and will be supporting our Pacific Sales Pod (region). The team is comprised of 12+ engineers and one Program Director and sits within the Revenue organization. This role reports to the Technical Sales and Solutions Team Lead for the Pacific Pod.
- The team culture is one based on building trust and collaboration, with a commitment to ongoing development through Evolv’s core values of kindness, authenticity, courage, drive and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The location of this role is flexible, near Sacramento, California. Ideally, we prefer a candidate based in the West region of the United States.
What is the salary range?
- The base salary range for this full-time position is $82,000-$138,000 + commission + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Please note that the compensation details listed in role posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include commission, equity, or benefits.
If you want to solve one of the most difficult issues of our time and save lives doing it, you want to work at Evolv. We are passionate, knowing that what we do and how we do it can affect life or death situations for our customers. At Evolv, you will have unparalleled exposure to all aspects of our business, working with a talented team that shares our vision for a safer world. If you are inspired by invention and gain satisfaction from seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture, Evolv will be a great fit.
- Equity is an important component of every compensation package
- Flexible work environment
- Unique culture
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- $300 per quarter to spend on the perks that are most meaningful to you
- Tuition Reimbursement
Evolv Technology (“Evolv”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace, and all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by law in the locations where we operate. Evolv will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.