Computer Vision Engineer Intern
The Elevator Pitch
Do you want to gain hands-on experience in Computer Vision? Are you eager to learn and develop critical skills for your future career? Do you have passion for creating and developing and want to see your ideas come to life?
In this 10-week Computer Vision Engineering Intern role, you will create, develop, and ultimately deliver a standalone project to be integrated into our product, while working in an incredibly agile and high-performant team. Not only will you be gaining critical skills in computer vision, machine learning, and image processing, but you will also have the opportunity to be exposed to the ins and outs of the company, while getting exposure to all other departments and how they operate.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first half and second half of the internship you will work toward completing?
In the first 5 weeks, you will:
- Understand Evolv, our product and culture, what we do, and why we do it
- Develop clear and concise communication skills to speak freely and openly about expectations and the progress toward the internship goal
- Take initiative and ownership of the project given to you and pursue new ideas independently to reach that goal
In the last 5 weeks, you will:
- Progress toward and complete the overarching project and sub projects
- Be able to look back throughout the internship and feel as if you had contributed something meaningful and impactful to the company
- Walk away from the internship proud of what you accomplished
- Have a better idea of what you want or don’t want out of your career
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- You will work on a computer vision project related to multi-object detection and depth images that is directly related to our core product.
- Develop algorithms that incorporate image processing and machine learning workflows using cutting-edge hardware.
- You will possess the ability to convey technical ideas, and have the acuity to weigh the pros and cons of a given implementation or detail
- Develop your problem-solving skills by working on projects that have never been done at Evolv, having no playbook on how to approach or complete them
- Develop the ability to solve tough problems and work through ambiguity to reach a conclusion or decision
- Expand your knowledge and abilities in the Python programming language and the NumPy, OpenCV, and Matplotlib packages
- Contribute meaningfully to weekly Automatic Threat Detection algorithm team meetings with insights gleaned from their project
- Give two internal presentations to the Automatic Threat Detection algorithm team midway and at the end of the internship outlining your goals and accomplishments along with your code and algorithm development
- Independently brainstorm, decide on, and ultimately implement a solution to 3 problems throughout the project that can be done in collaboration with any of the Automatic Threat Detection algorithm team members
- Develop business savviness by sitting in on department Q&As and Executive Leadership presentations to gain knowledge from individuals in different departments and levels at Evolv
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the Algorithms Team and report to one of the 5 Engineers on the team.
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The location of this role is based in Waltham, MA with some flexibility in being remote some days. We do not provide relocation assistance at this time.
What is the pay range?
- The hourly pay range for this internship position is $22-$26 an hour. Our pay ranges are determined by your current level of education.