Digital Product Developer Intern
The Elevator Pitch
Do you want to gain hands-on experience in Digital Product Development? Are you eager to learn and develop critical skills for your future career as a product designer or product developer?
In this 10-week Digital Product Developer Intern role, you will help to design and build new features for Evolv’s user facing digital applications. Not only will you be gaining critical skills in digital product development, but you will also have the opportunity to be exposed to the ins and outs of the company, while getting exposure to all other departments and how they operate.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first half and second half of the internship you will work toward completing?
In the first 5 weeks, you will:
- Understand Evolv, our product and culture, what we do, and why we do it
- Work closely with other developers and designers to design, implement, and ship new and high impact product features to our customers
- Expand your professional web development skillset and toolchain with modern technologies, such as React, TypeScript, and CSS
- Expand your professional web design skillset with modern tools and practices such as prototyping, user testing, and design sprinting.
- Learn the processes and patterns a professional software development team uses to build great products.
In the last 5 weeks, you will:
- Be able to look back throughout the internship and feel proud for contributing meaningful and impactful work
- Have the technical skill set to be productive as a product developer or designer at any tech company that designs and builds web applications.
- Have real world experience working on mission production applications at scale for a large company
- Have a better idea of what you want or don’t want out of your career
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Using modern tools, write and ship high quality software used in Evolv’s core products
- Participate in the design process to help define new features and solve interesting problems
- Gain support and mentorship from senior developers and designers
- Pair program with other developers and designers
- Participate in all the team ceremonies as an equal member of the team
- Develop expertise in web development tooling and practices
- Grow strong team collaboration skills
- Develop business savviness by sitting in on department Q&As and Executive Leadership presentations to gain knowledge from individuals in different departments and levels at Evolv
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the Software Engineering Team and report to one of the Senior Frontend Developers on the team. The product development team is comprised of 7 team members with a range of experience levels from entry, mid and senior.
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The location of this role is based in Waltham, MA with some flexibility in being remote some days. We do not provide relocation assistance at this time.
What is the pay range?
- The hourly pay range for this internship position is $22-$26 an hour. Our pay ranges are determined by your current level of education.