Corporate Development Intern
The Elevator Pitch
Do you want to gain hands-on experience in Corporate Development? Are you eager to learn and develop critical skills for your future career?
In this 10-week Corporate Development Intern role, you will help conduct impactful partner research for the Corporate Development team that focuses. Not only will you be gaining critical market research skills, but you will also have the opportunity to be all aspects of the business (i.e., sales, customer success, finance).
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first half and second half of the internship you will work toward completing?
In the first 5 weeks, you will:
- Understand Evolv, our product and culture, what we do, and why we do it
- Consult with various internal and external leaders to understand business needs, challenges, and pain points
- Research and monitor the broader external market ecosystem for important developments
- Research 1-2 specific technology areas
- Support the sourcing of potential companies for partnership
- Embrace our core values by being kind and respectful to others at Evolv and peers within their internship program.
In the last 5 weeks, you will:
- Synthesize all findings and align them with various technology areas
- Provide a thorough overview of 1-2 potential technology areas, which includes highlighting growth within the external market, the business need, and the customer need
- Bring forth recommendations for key companies/technologies to partner with, including preliminary company research
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Develop 1-2 market intelligence briefs that highlight the importance of new technology areas
- Connect with 3-5 business leaders to understand pain points in the business
- Research our customers’ opinions to understand pain points with the current product suite
- Connect daily with the Corporate Development team
- Become proficient in market research tools (i.e., Salesforce, Crunchbase)
- Conduct financial analyses to build business cases around various technology areas
- Turn research into actionable insights by making 2-3 recommendations per new technology area research (i.e., partnership opportunities)
- Think outside the box to recommend new innovative solutions
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the Corporate Development Team, reporting to the Senior Strategy Consultant.
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The location of this role is based in Waltham, MA with some flexibility in being remote some days. We do not rovide relocation assistance at this time.
What is the pay range?
- The hourly pay range for this internship position is $22-$26 an hour. Our pay ranges are determined by your current level of education.