Solutions Engineer Intern
The Elevator Pitch
Do you want to gain hands-on experience in Solutions Engineering and Presales? Are you eager to learn and develop critical skills for your future career? Do you have an interest in being in the field and developing solutions in a fast-paced environment?
In this 10-week Solutions Engineer Intern role, you will help support solutions engineers with on-site surveys and develop solutions to present to the team. Not only will you be gaining critical skills in solution engineering, but you will also gain exposure to the ins and outs of the company and to the other departments and how they operate.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first half and second half of the internship you will work toward completing?
In the first 5 weeks, you will:
- Understand Evolv, our product and culture, what we do, and why we do it
- Build professional relationships within Technical Sales and Solutions (TS&S) team and with others throughout the Evolv organization
- Develop solutions as needed
- Present effectively to TS&S team, others as needed or weekly
- Support on-site demonstrations
- Continue to be enthusiastic about taking on new tasks and projects
In the last 5 weeks, you will:
- Provide a final presentation with at least two of the site surveys you conducted and your defined solutions, including ability to defend your solutions and any challenges you had to overcome
- Have a better idea of what you want or don’t want out of your career
- Be able to look back throughout the internship and feel as if you had contributed something meaningful and impactful to the company
- Walk away from the internship proud of what you accomplished and with an expanded professional network/mentor from Evolv
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Work and contribute as part of a team and individually in a fast-paced environment
- Develop a solution from a given set of parameters
- Present a solution to a group of people knowledgeable in the materials with potentially diverse perspectives
- Support Solutions Engineer on at least one site survey at a customer’s site and/or support Solutions Engineer on a pilot or go-live
- Develop solutions, as needed and share your perspective
- Present to TS&S team, others as needed or weekly
- Support demonstrations
- Develop a final presentation on at least two of the site surveys/pilots conducted and their defined solutions
- Develop business savviness by sitting in on department Q&As and Executive Leadership presentations to gain knowledge from individuals in different departments and levels at Evolv
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the Technical Sales and Solutions team and reporting to the Director of Program Management & Support for TS&S. The TS&S team is comprised of 15 team members (and growing) with a range of experience levels from entry, mid and senior.
- The team culture is mission oriented - based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The location of this role is based in Waltham, MA with some flexibility in being remote some days
- Occasional travel is required to experience “Evolv” in the field and to local sites
What is the pay range?
- The hourly pay range for this internship position is $22-$26 an hour. Our pay ranges are determined by your current level of education.