Director of Revenue Applications
Director of Revenue Applications
The Elevator Pitch
Evolv is seeking a dynamic and visionary leader to head our Revenue Applications Team, whose primary role is to support Salesforce, with a special focus on shaping and advancing our Salesforce infrastructure. This pivotal role requires a balance of strategy and execution, tasked with steering the Salesforce roadmap, championing best practices for projects, and playing an integral role in aligning business requirements with technical solutions. This position is not just about maintaining the status quo but is geared towards leveraging Salesforce to catapult the business to new heights, acting as a critical bridge between technology and business operations. You will be entrusted with the mission to sculpt a Salesforce ecosystem that is not only efficient and reliable but also pivotal in achieving our ambitious corporate goals. If you are passionate about leading, mentoring and growing a talented team, fostering innovation, and transforming challenges into opportunities, this role is your opportunity to make a significant impact.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
First 30 Days:
- Participate in EvolvED, our new hire orientation
- Initiate comprehensive discussions with the existing Salesforce team to grasp the nuances of the current environment.
- Establish a rapport with key stakeholders and users of Salesforce, gathering insights into their priorities, challenges, and expectations.
- Conduct a thorough analysis of the current Salesforce setup, identifying immediate areas for improvement and potential quick wins.
- Begin to outline a strategy that aligns with Evolv's corporate goals and the specific needs of each department.
- Share your initial vision and strategy with the team and business stakeholders, ensuring that it resonates with Evolv's broader objectives.
- Begin to foster a culture of transparency, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Begin participating in regular meetings for both ongoing work and special projects with Salesforce development team members and external consultants.
First 3 Months:
- Post deep-dive into our Salesforce environment, formulate and start implementing a set of best practices tailored to our unique business context.
- Focus on system optimization, data integrity, and user adoption.
- Enhance and communicate a clear, prioritized roadmap for Salesforce development, ensuring that it is aligned with stakeholder expectations and business priorities. This should include key milestones and metrics for success.
- Create and maintain a highly engaging Salesforce Steering Committee (SteerCo) meeting, recognized as a must-attend event for pivotal Salesforce stakeholders.
- Pinpoint and prioritize initiatives deemed crucial for the mission's success, ensuring focused attention and resources are directed towards these key projects.
- Establish a regular cadence of communication with stakeholders, setting clear expectations for what will be achieved in the short and medium-term.
- Begin fostering strong relationships built on trust, transparency, and shared objectives.
- Design and implement a robust, streamlined renewal process within Salesforce, enhancing efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Tackle data quality issues systematically, ensuring that the Salesforce environment is reliable, accurate, and provides actionable insights.
- Successfully roll out Next Gen quoting, ensuring that the system is well-integrated, user-friendly, and meets the evolving needs of the business.
- Achieve a seamless integration between NetSuite and Salesforce, ensuring that data flows smoothly between the systems, enhancing operational efficiency and data consistency.
- Foster collaboration with the Service team to achieve tangible enhancements in case management within the Service Cloud, ensuring quantifiable improvements.
- Efficiently launch our partner portal, streamlining processes from initial quoting to the comprehensive servicing of our customers.
- Assist the Marketing team in pipeline development by delivering targeted Salesforce enhancements that align with and support their strategic objectives.
- Regularly bring new ideas to the table, addressing the ongoing issues and identifying opportunities for innovation. Ensure that the solutions implemented are scalable, sustainable, and drive tangible business value.
- As a subject matter expert (SME) in Salesforce, lead, mentor, and inspire the existing team. Foster an environment of growth, learning, and excellence. Your leadership should not only elevate the team's technical capabilities but also their strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Strategic Vision and Execution:
- Ability to develop and articulate a clear vision that aligns with corporate objectives.
- Proficiency in translating strategy into actionable plans and ensuring execution with measurable outcomes.
- Balance competing priorities across functions and communicate that to stakeholders
Salesforce Expertise/Technical Proficiency:
- Deep understanding of Salesforce architecture, features, and limitations.
- Proficiency in Salesforce customization, integration, and best practices.
- Experience in managing Salesforce projects from conception to implementation.
- Strong understanding of technical aspects of Salesforce and its integration with other systems like NetSuite.
- Ability to guide technical development and ensure solutions are scalable, sustainable, and aligned with business needs.
- Knowledge of the distinct functionalities and applications of various Salesforce clouds, including Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, and CPQ, to enhance overall effectiveness in utilizing these platforms.
Leadership and Team Development:
- Proven ability to lead, mentor, and inspire a team of professionals.
- Capacity to foster a culture of growth, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Strong team-building skills, with an emphasis on collaboration and driving team engagement.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to establish rapport with stakeholders.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and ensure alignment with project goals and business objectives.
- Competence in navigating complex organizational structures and building strong relationships.
Data Management & Analytical Problem-Solving Skills:
- Strong understanding of data integrity, data quality management, and data governance principles.
- Proficiency in leveraging data to provide actionable business insights and drive decision-making.
- Strong analytical skills to conduct thorough assessments of the current Salesforce setup.
- Proficiency in identifying issues, diagnosing root causes, and implementing strategic solutions.
- Ability to turn challenges into opportunities and drive continuous improvement.
Innovation and Change Management:
- Ability to think creatively and bring innovative solutions to the table.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and explore new ways to enhance business processes and systems.
- Experience in managing change, with an emphasis on user adoption and minimizing resistance.
- Ability to communicate changes effectively and ensure smooth transition during system upgrades or process changes.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
You will be joining the Accounting and Revenue Applications team and reporting directly to the Chief Accounting Officer.
The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive, and fun!
Where is the role located?
This role is based out of the HQ in Waltham, Massachusetts with some flexibility in being remote some days.
What is the salary range?
The base salary range for this full-time position is $138,000-$222,000 equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in role posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include commission, equity, or benefits.