The Elevator Pitch
Evolv is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to help us introduce products into manufacturing from engineering. As the interface between Evolv’s engineering team and the manufacturing floor, this position will play a critical role in resolving issues and delays in production, troubleshooting electronic and mechanical problems, designing and installing fixtures and training manufacturing technicians.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Participate in EvolvED, the company's new hire orientation program, to understand the organizational culture, values, and foundational expectations.
- Familiarize yourself with Evolv's procedures, workflows, and systems, gaining a comprehensive understanding of the operational dynamics.
- Begin your specialization journey by delving into the intricacies of mechanical and hardware systems, leveraging your advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Start to emerge as an expert in build flow and a specific product line, applying your proficiency in systems development, integration, and quality improvement.
- Enhance collaboration between engineering teams and manufacturing units, ensuring a seamless integration of processes and systems.
- Demonstrate your design and implementation acumen by contributing to the design, installation, and implementation of manufacturing equipment and assembly hardware.
By the end of the first year, you will:
- Work independently alongside the inventory planning manager, playing a pivotal role in supply chain management and addressing any issues related to shortages or finding alternative solutions.
- Exhibit autonomy in your role, showcasing your comprehensive skills in communication, teamwork, and technical software. Your ability to guide other technicians and collaborate effectively will be evident.
- Solidify your position as a multifaceted manufacturing engineer, with a well-rounded skill set in advanced troubleshooting, systems development, collaborative engineering, and design implementation, all while contributing to the company's growth and process optimization.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Advanced Troubleshooting and Problem-Solving:
- Demonstrates a high level of expertise in diagnosing and resolving intricate mechanical and hardware system issues. This requires a solid foundation in problem-solving, particularly within the realms of test engineering and quality control.
- Systems Development and Quality Enhancement:
- Proficiency in developing, testing, and integrating both automated and manual mechanical & hardware systems is crucial. This skill set also includes the ability to assess and improve quality control processes effectively.
- Collaborative Engineering Expertise:
- The role demands the ability to seamlessly bridge and coordinate activities between engineering teams and manufacturing units. This ensures the smooth integration of processes and systems, enhancing overall productivity and efficiency.
- Manufacturing Engineering & Supply Chain Expertise:
- Competence in designing, installing, and implementing solutions for manufacturing fixtures, assembly hardware, and production-focused mechanical/plastic designs is essential.
- Creatively addressing shortages, finding alternative solutions, and adapting to changes in vendor availability or product discontinuation, are also important.
- Communication and Teamwork:
- Strong communication skills are vital, particularly in guiding technicians and collaborating within a manufacturing setting.
- Technical Skills:
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the Manufacturing team and report to the Manufacturing Manager.
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive, and fun!
Where is the role located?
- This role is based onsite in Westborough, Massachusetts, and occasionally Waltham, Massachusetts. This is not a remote position.
What is the salary range?
The base salary range for this full-time position is $60,000 – 90,0000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in role posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include commission, equity, or benefits.