Senior Account Executive
The Elevator Pitch
Evolv Technology started as a small team with a clear mission: return confidence and peace of mind to people visiting public spaces. As the leader in human security, our team is dedicated to making the world a safer place. Our technology detects weapons and threats in a touchless and friction-free manner, enhancing safety without negatively impacting the visitor, student, and employee experience. Our solutions use a combination of Artificial Intelligence and digitization of data, which is all integrated into our “smart” detection technology.
As a Senior Account Executive at Evolv, your primary focus will be to grow the pipeline and meet individual sales targets. Our Account Executives also manage customer and strategic relationships to grow Evolv’s presence across diverse vertical markets. The ideal candidate will play a key role in increasing revenue by expanding market awareness, qualifying prospects, managing the sales process, and closing sales.
The Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Within three months, we hope you are well on your way to building new sales opportunities and have a well-thought-out plan for further growth of your business and self. You should also have a complete understanding of our closing process and develop positive relationships with other members of the organization.
- Within one year, we hope you have achieved 100% of your quota, excelling at channel development and new logo sales.
- Client acquisition: You will be prospecting appropriately to create new opportunities, forecasting appropriately, and being able to qualify and understand deal blocks to progress opportunities.
- Channel development: Within your first 60 days, you will develop a plan for interfacing with channel partners to enable them to develop new opportunities. This will be continuous and benchmarked monthly.
- Prospecting appropriately: You will develop a plan to target top accounts for a given region while working with the Sales Development team to ensure new market engagement.
- Being able to create new opportunities: Starting after the first 90 days and benchmarked after that, we expect you to demonstrate the development of Tier 1 accounts and generate ten new opportunities per month.
- Forecasting appropriately: Your forecasting will be benchmarked monthly and evaluated by push counts on each opportunity. If deals continuously push without reason, then we will need to retrain on forecasting process.
- Being able to qualify and understand deal blockers to progress opportunities: You will be evaluated by sales stage duration. If deals are not moving forward in a stage in Salesforce, then we will have a 1:1 evaluation per opportunity to create a path moving forward.
- Understand the Challenger Sales methodology and demonstrate how to use this approach to close.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing regularly?
- Create a territory plan to achieve or exceed the assigned quota.
- Prospect, qualify and develop new opportunities to add to the pipeline.
- Coordinate with internal resources such as Solution Engineers, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, and Channel Management to create new opportunities and close business.
- Accurately forecast and manage activity via Salesforce.com
- Participate on behalf of the company in exhibitions and conferences.
- The objective of this position is to develop and execute a strategy for your territory to achieve the annual revenue plan.
- Be able to convey messages effectively about Evolv’s technology and process.
- Achieve quarterly revenue targets by selling Evolv’s solutions across a broad market that includes tourist attractions, ticketed venues, schools, hospitals, manufacturing/distribution, places of worship, government facilities, and more.
- Orchestrate territory coverage through effective collaboration with Channel Account Managers, Solutions Engineers, and Customer Success Managers aligned to your region.
- Support Channel Partners in negotiating enterprise deals that may involve many influencers and stakeholders.
- Adapt to fast-growing and changing environments.
- Facilitating potential client conversations, placing a strong emphasis on listening to their needs and helping them achieve their goals.
- Preparing and delivering presentations on products and services via Zoom and in person.
- Negotiating and closing deals.
- Overcoming sales objections.
- Developing and communicating realistic ROI calculations.
- Using solution-oriented approaches and consultative selling tactics, orchestrating and aligning stakeholders around a common objective.
- Influencing at the (C-suite) executive level.
Travel requirements can be up to 50-70% of the time depending on trade shows, customer needs, and business development activity according to the territory plan created by the Account Executive. Some of our customers operate on nights, weekends, and holidays, which means that on some occasions, our Account Executives will too.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining our Midwest Sales Pod. The sales pod will comprise 10-15 other Evolvers (Senior Account Executives, Account Executives, Sales Executives, Customer Success Managers, Solutions Engineers, Field Marketers, and vertical specialists). The team sits within the Revenue Organization.
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, and ongoing development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive, and fun!
Where is the role located?
- Our ideal candidate is located in Chicago, IL and will support coverage throughout the Chicagoland metro.
What is the salary range?
- The base salary range for this full-time position is $102,000-$168,000 + commission + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Please note that the compensation details listed in role posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include commission, equity, or benefits.