Software Engineering, Operations
Palo Alto, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2023
At Fiddler, we understand the implications of AI and the impact that it has on human lives. Our company was born with the mission of building trust into AI. With the rise of the internet, trust in AI has been degraded by a plethora of issues like spam, fraudulent transactions, hate speech, and online abuse. Fiddler enables organizations to get ahead of these issues by building trustworthy, transparent, and explainable AI solutions.
Fiddler partners with AI-first organizations to help build a long-term framework for responsible AI practices, which, in turn, builds trust with their user base. Data Science, MLOps, and business teams use Fiddler AI to monitor, explain, analyze, and improve their AI solutions to identify performance gaps, mitigate bias, and drive better outcomes. Our platform enables engineering teams and business stakeholders alike to understand the “why” and how behind model outcomes.
Fiddler AI is founded by Krishna Gade (engineering leadership at Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Microsoft) and Amit Paka (two-time founder with acquisitions by Samsung and PayPal and product roles at Expedia and Microsoft). We are backed by Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Lux Capital.
Why Join Us
Our team is motivated to unlock the AI opaque box and help society harness the power of AI. Joining us means you get to make an impact by helping reduce algorithmic bias and ensure that production models across many industries are transparent and ethical. We are an early-stage startup and have a rapidly growing team of intelligent and empathetic doers, thinkers, creators, builders, and everyone in between. Within Fiddler, there is ample opportunity for growth. The AI and ML industry has a rapid pace of innovation and the learning opportunities here are monumental. This is your chance to be a trailblazer.
Fiddler is recognized as a pioneer in the field of Model Performance Management (MPM) and has received numerous accolades, including the 2022 a16z Data50 list, 2021 CB Insights AI 100 most promising startups, 2020 WEF Technology Pioneer, 2020 Forbes AI 50 most promising startups of 2020, and a 2019 Gartner Cool Vendor in Enterprise AI Governance and Ethical Response.
By joining our brilliant (at least we think so) team, you will help pave the way in the MPM space.
In this role, you will work closely with Backend, Solutions Engineering, Customer Success, and Product in delivering best-in-class technical infrastructure to support internal/external product delivery. Your mission shall elevate and optimize our DevOps operations, ensuring enhanced efficiency and scalability.
This position involves 50% people management and technical leadership. In your daily work, you will manage a team of DevOps engineers, so Coaching, Mentoring, Career support, and employee well-being will also be among your responsibilities. You will actively participate in the DevOps recruitment, talent development, and progression initiatives.
Your mission is to elevate and optimize our DevOps operations, ensuring enhanced efficiency and scalability.
What You'll Do
- Lead and manage a team of skilled DevOps Engineers, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Build and grow the team and foster a strong engineering culture
- Manage the containers-based model serving platform in a hosted cloud environment.
- Deploy and support K8s based application in customer on-premise VPCs in multi-cloud environments
- Focusing on infrastructure automation (infrastructure as code, cloud integration)
- Participate in the development, execution, and support of release management and operations
- Build and manage processes that introduce DevSecOps concepts of testing, prototyping, security, automation, etc.
- Deploy and manage DevOps CI/CD pipelines
- Establish monitoring and infrastructure health reporting for the advancement of self-healing infrastructure principles
- Enhance/extend a configuration/deployment/monitoring framework and interact with internal customers and the development team to gather and define requirements and document architecture
- Follows a formal process using specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques and also adheres to regulations, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery within the area of responsibility
- Uses coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow
- Create technical documentation, version control, and code check-in playbooks for best practices.
- On-call and after-hours work required
- Essential Competencies: Professionalism/Personal Accountability, Collaboration and Teamwork, Communication, Flexible and Adapts to Change, Service to Customers and Clients
What We are Looking For
- B.S or above in Computer Science or related technical major
- 8+ years of DevOps, Systems/Infrastructure engineering experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enabling effective collaboration with cross-functional teams
- A passion for coaching and mentorship, promoting the professional growth of your team
- Extensive familiarity with various cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Proficiency with scripting (shell, Python), infrastructure/application mgmt tools (Terraform, Helm)
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipeline and Build tools such as Bitbucket pipeline, GitHub Actions, Agro CD/Workflow
- Experience with Infrastructure monitoring tools like Prometheus, Loki, Fluentbit, Grafana, etc
- Experience with management of Kubernetes and Docker/Container is a must-have
- Experience in deploying application on Openshift, AKS, and GKE are highly desired
- Experience with AWS Gov Cloud, a big plus
- Familiarity with software security methods
Nice To Have
- Certification in DevOps-related courses (DevOps, CKAD, AWS)
- Familiarity with cloud and application security, scanning tools
- Knowledge of compliance standards
Fiddler is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.