Staff Quality Engineer (Lead)
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
At Fiddler, we understand the implications of AI and the impact that it has on human lives. Our company was born with the mission of building trust into AI. With the rise of the internet, trust in AI has been degraded by a plethora of issues like spam, fraudulent transactions, hate speech, and online abuse. Fiddler enables organizations to get ahead of these issues by building trustworthy, transparent, and explainable AI solutions.
Fiddler partners with AI-first organizations to help build a long-term framework for responsible AI practices, which, in turn, builds trust with their user base. Data Science, MLOps, and business teams use Fiddler AI to monitor, explain, analyze, and improve their AI solutions to identify performance gaps, mitigate bias, and drive better outcomes. Our platform enables engineering teams and business stakeholders alike to understand the “why” and how behind model outcomes.
Fiddler AI is founded by Krishna Gade (engineering leadership at Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Microsoft) and Amit Paka (two-time founder with acquisitions by Samsung and PayPal and product roles at Expedia and Microsoft). We are backed by Insight Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Lux Capital.
Why Join Us
Our team is motivated to unlock the AI opaque box and help society harness the power of AI. Joining us means you get to make an impact by helping reduce algorithmic bias and ensure that models in production across many different industries are transparent and ethical. We are an early stage startup, and have a rapidly growing team of intelligent and empathetic doers, thinkers, creators, builders, and everyone in between. Within Fiddler, there is ample opportunity for growth. The AI and ML industry has a rapid pace of innovation and the learning opportunities here are monumental. This is your chance to be a trailblazer.
Fiddler is recognized as a pioneer in the field of Model Performance Management (MPM) and has received numerous accolades, including: 2022 a16z Data50 list, 2021 CB Insights AI 100 most promising startups, 2020 WEF Technology Pioneer, 2020 Forbes AI 50 most promising startups of 2020, and a 2019 Gartner Cool Vendor in Enterprise AI Governance and Ethical Response.
By joining our brilliant (at least we think so) team, you will help pave the way in the MPM space.
What You'll Do
- Own the QA at fiddler and help setup and implement the necessary process
- Build and maintain test automation infrastructure for functional, E2E, and performance testing
- Curate, and work with engineers to extend, our release qualification test suite
- Define testing strategies for new features and new deployment environments, and keep track of what we are doing to implement that strategy
- Mentor engineers in test design and testing frameworks, including participating in both design and code reviews with testing in mind
What We are Looking For
- Passion for Fiddler’s core mission of driving transparency, fairness and accountability in AI around the globe
- Cross-functional team player, experience collaborating with Product and Engineering teams to solve complex customer problems
- A quality assurance engineer with an interest or background in Data Science or Machine Learning / AI
- At least 9 years of experience in software quality assurance projects; Machine learning experience is a plus
- Background in Computer Science or Data Science, Data Analysis, or a related field Startup experience is ideal
- Natural curiosity and willingness to learn
- Experience in functional, performance, and systems testing methodologies
- Experience in test automation
- Experience in setting up automation focused Quality Engineering processes
- Proven abilities in bug detection, regression, and defect tracking
Fiddler is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.