Software Engineering, Legal
Boston, MA, USA · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Kyruus' mission is to connect people to the right care, in pursuit of our vision: a better healthcare system- one that's transparent and accessible- where everyone gets the care they need. At Kyruus, our values are at the heart of everything we do:
We care deeply – We do the right thing even if it’s the harder thing.
We are fiercely driven – We harness our curiosity to pursue continuous improvement and create simple solutions to complex problems.
We lead with respect – We celebrate the individual traits that make each of us unique and seek out diverse voices to listen and learn.
We are accountable – We do what we promise for each other and our customers.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Senior Counsel role.
Care: You will go the extra mile when engaging with others on a project, think around corners, and help your teammates and the company be successful.
Driven: You will be focused on getting stuff done in a smart way, on being a constant learner and leaning into your curiosity, and being an excellent communicator and advisor for our stakeholders.
Respect: You will be humble, inclusive, and collaborative in your approach to everyone you interact with, whether it’s your colleagues, customers, or partners.
Accountable: You will own both your successes and mistakes.
What you will do in a Senior Counsel role at Kyruus:
- You’ll help manage all legal matters for the business, with a scope of responsibilities that ranges from general corporate, commercial transactions, financings, intellectual property, litigation, M&A, to employment law.
- You’ll provide legal counsel to business colleagues on complex and routine legal questions relating to various business issues.
- You’ll be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts relating to products, services, software licensing/subscriptions, confidentiality, BAAs and other areas to optimize value and mitigate risks connected with these arrangements.
- You’ll update standardized contract templates and manage internal knowledge management resources.
- You’ll prepare business agreements, correspondence forms and reports required for business development activities or compliance.
- You’ll review, edit, and approve all vendor and contractor agreements and work with appropriate departments on pricing negotiations as necessary.
- You think (and operate) strategically and proactively to manage legal risk across the company.
- You’re curious and open to learning, and are not afraid to ask questions and invite discussion on matters, both legal and non-legal.
- You’ll maintain a careful pulse on Kyruus’ culture and the impacts of legal initiatives that might affect culture. You strive to ensure that actions taken are in keeping with our culture and values.
- You’ll reduce and closely manage the legal review and contracting process as part of the Kyruus sales cycle.
- You’ll partner closely with Compliance, Human Resources, Technology Operations, Security, and Finance to craft, review, and enforce policies, procedures, and regulations as it relates to our people, our processes, and our products.
- You’ll report to the General Counsel/Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer in the Legal Department within the General & Administrative Division.
How You Can Grow
- Kyruus will bring you through an onboarding process that is both structured and self-guided, designed to enable connection and productivity as you learn more about our company, functions and products. Additionally, we have a culture of feedback, inclusive of our performance review process that provides you with the coaching, resources and opportunities to help you learn and grow with us.
- Kyruuvians in the Senior Counsel role can move in a more linear career path to an Associate General Counsel position. From there, you could move into a VP level role or explore a management position within the Legal vertical.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
What you will bring:
- You’ll use your Bachelor’s and JD degrees, and your 7+ years of experience practicing law, with at least 3+ years of experience working in a national law firm and ideally some in-house corporate counsel experience, to:
- Provide excellent, consistent and culturally appropriate legal advice that moves the business forward while optimizing risks.
- Establish templates, policies, processes, and procedures that adhere to applicable requirements and expresses thought leadership, both internally and externally.
- Review, revise, and push to closure key agreements in a timely manner, with quality.
- You’ll use your consultative communication skills and operational chops to:
- Execute on legal initiatives (such as ongoing privacy initiatives or setting up a contract management system) by working closely across various functions.
- Help oversee management of outside counsel (as necessary) and the legal budget.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.