Senior Director, Engineering
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023
Kyruus' mission is to connect people to the right care, in pursuit of our vision: a better healthcare system- one that's transparent and accessible- where everyone gets the care they need. At Kyruus, our values are at the heart of everything we do:
We care deeply – We do the right thing even if it’s the harder thing.
We are fiercely driven – We harness our curiosity to pursue continuous improvement and create simple solutions to complex problems.
We lead with respect – We celebrate the individual traits that make each of us unique and seek out diverse voices to listen and learn.
We are accountable – We do what we promise for each other and our customers.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Senior Director of Engineering role:
Care: You will attend to your team with a focus on supporting their needs, empowering them and helping them thrive and grow. You will also strive for quality in everything you do and always try to deliver the best product possible.
Driven: You will encounter tasks and challenges and approach them with curiosity and excitement, always eager to learn new things, and driving them to business appropriate conclusions.
Respect: You will treat everyone with professionalism and provide them the attention they need, listen to their opinions and lead with kindness and empathy while giving constructive feedback when needed, and accepting it when given.
Accountable: You will manage your time responsibly, consistently fulfill your obligations to stakeholders, and reflect on and adjust your work ethic to continually improve and grow.
What you will do in a Senior Director of Engineering role at Kyruus:
- You will report directly to the VP of Engineering where you will partner to define and drive Engineering Excellence across the organization.
- You will partner with other departments to define our corporate product strategy, engineering approach, priorities and processes while balancing priorities of the product engineering roadmap.
- You will partner with Product Management to establish and align on business, functional, and non-functional requirements; set clear, feasible software delivery expectations; collaborate on adapting to unexpected changes in plans and roadmaps; and to deliver on commitments with high reliability and accountability.
- You will lead engineering teams to develop our overall technology strategy and to drive execution of the development and delivery of internal and external SaaS applications, mobile webview apps, and microservices, in a cloud-native AWS environment.
- You will lead full-time employees (FTE) and contract resources that may be located both on and offshore.
- You will be responsible for user interface (UI) development for numerous commercial products, apps and tools.
- You will run projects leveraging a corporate Agile Methodology where you will coach through sprint cycle stages, drive technology best practices and ensure work is accurately estimated, performance metrics are captured, and progress is tracked and reported to stakeholders.
- You will provide architectural guidance, Agile coaching through sprint cycle stages, and drive technical best practices within your team. You’ll ensure your teams are keeping our product development principles front and center as we build amazing products.
- You will work closely with Information Security (InfoSec) and other functional teams to ensure that product designs, engineering processes, and the management of data, align with corporate and industry policies and best practices and you will be accountable for ensuring that information is handled according to cybersecurity controls (e.g., PII, HITRUST), customer agreements, and legislative regulations (e.g., HIPAA).
- You will be an engaged leader and meet regularly with your teams, partners and peers to provide support and ensure alignment, partnership and Engineering Excellence while building confidence and predictability in your teams.
- You will recruit, hire, develop and coach exceptional, highly-skilled engineers and engineering leaders; will set clear goals that are aligned to our corporate and product objectives; will monitor performance and provide constructive feedback; and will continually work to optimize the performance, efficiency and effectiveness of your staff.
- You will remain current on customer commitments, product roadmaps, and service level agreements (SLAs) for your products. You’ll track metrics, identify blockers to overall team effectiveness, and recommend process improvements.
- You will embrace our culture and values and will work to instill these values into your leaders and staff.
- Kyruus will bring you through an onboarding process that is both structured and self-guided, designed to enable connection and productivity as you learn more about our company, functions and products. Additionally, we have a culture of feedback, inclusive of our performance review process that provides you with the coaching, resources and opportunities to help you learn and grow with us.
- Kyruuvians in the Senior Director, Engineering role can move in a more linear career path to a VP of Engineering position.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
How You Can Grow
What you will bring:
- You will bring 10+ years of technical experience with 10+ years of engineering leadership experience, managing individual contributors and leaders during that period.
- You will bring your experience managing full-time employees (FTE) and contract resources that may be located both on and offshore.
- You have experience influencing and leading complex engineering projects that span multiple functional areas, supporting system design, testing, and operational stability.
- You have a solid background in SaaS application development including serverless compute, microservices, containers, and API development and deployment within cloud environments.
- You will be skilled in Agile methodologies and will bring your experience in leading and coaching Agile teams through planning, execution and delivery phases.
- Ideally you will have experience developing and/or leading teams that develop SaaS user interfaces (front-end) with modern technologies such as ReactJS, with attention to user experience and customer satisfaction.
- You will bring a demonstrable ability to motivate teams and keep work engaging and fun while holding teams and individuals accountable for their productivity and ability to meet deadlines.
- You are metrics driven and have backed up engineering productivity discussions with real data and have utilized available tools, interfaces and/or APIs to gather and synthesize this data for multiple audiences.
- You bring your knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD pipelines and process automation, including the technologies and the processes around CI/CD development, to accelerate delivery.
- You are familiar with multi-cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure), and the technologies that they employ in order to power efficient software development and delivery.
- Ideally, you have worked in the healthcare industry and understand the ecosystem, the customers, their interactions, the information that is coordinated, and client lifecycle challenges in this area.
- Ideally you will have experience working with the following tools and technologies: Aha!, Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Artifactory, Pluralsight, Google Workspace (G-Suite), Slack.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.