Staff Software Engineer, Enterprise Scheduling
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Kyruus' mission is to connect people to the right care, in pursuit of our vision: a better healthcare system- one that's transparent and accessible- where everyone gets the care they need. At Kyruus, our values are at the heart of everything we do:
We care deeply – We do the right thing even if it’s the harder thing.
We are fiercely driven – We harness our curiosity to pursue continuous improvement and create simple solutions to complex problems.
We lead with respect – We celebrate the individual traits that make each of us unique and seek out diverse voices to listen and learn.
We are accountable – We do what we promise for each other and our customers.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Staff Software Engineer role.
Care: You care deeply about partnering with the rest of your team, working effectively and efficiently to build quality healthcare software solutions. You equally care about your personal development in understanding process and product, and enabling those around you to learn and innovate.
Driven: You are driven to ensure you are estimating effectively, completing tasks on time, and understanding dependencies and blockers that could affect your work. You are driven to continuously improve and innovate on the way in which you execute on work, and how you serve stakeholders.
Respect: You will partner effectively, and show respect towards your team and external project partners.
Accountable: You are aware of your role responsibilities as they pertain to your team and projects. You are focused on quality work, with an eye towards key deliverables and their due dates, and clear and effective communication.
What you will do in a Staff Software Engineer role at Kyruus:
- Your typical day will include writing code and reviewing others’ code. You’ll participate in and contribute to Agile team activities. You may play a specific role (such as Team Lead or Architect Owner) on your Agile team.
- You’ll help drive clarity in our sprint planning. You’ll contribute to task definition, prioritization, and assignment. You’ll drive your deliverables with a sense of urgency and ownership along with surfacing risks, mitigating them, and suggesting course corrections when appropriate.
- You’ll be comfortable taking on tasks with ambiguous business requirements and unclear technical strategy. You’ll use your technical expertise and mental resilience to bring order to chaos in terms of defining technical strategy and clarity of incremental execution.
- You’ll provide technical mentorship to fellow engineers.
- You’ll work with Engineering management and Product to get customer feedback to inform our architecture and technical designs.
- You will make decisions and resolve issues that impact and influence across multiple teams and departments.
- You’ll report to the Manager, Engineering within the Data Platform & Cloud Infrastructure Division.
- You may supervise the activities of others.
- Kyruus will bring you through an onboarding process that is both structured and self-guided, designed to enable connection and productivity as you learn more about our company, functions and products. Additionally, we have a culture of feedback, inclusive of our performance review process that provides you with the coaching, resources and opportunities to help you learn and grow with us.
- Kyruuvians in the Staff Software Engineer role can move in a more linear career path to a Senior Staff Software Engineer position. From there, you could move into a Principal Software Engineer level role or explore a management position within the Engineering vertical.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
How You Can Grow
What you will bring:
- You’ll use your 7+ years programming experience to:
- Help your Agile team develop pragmatic and scalable solutions to complex technical design problems and user workflows.
- Assess business value, tech debt, and tradeoffs during task prioritization.
- You’ll use your experience in/familiarity with technologies relevant to Kyruus to:
- Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available enterprise solutions.
- Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies relevant to add to our stack.
- You’ll use your communication and active listening skills to:
- Understand the needs of our users and customers at the beginning of each project.
- Provide complete, actionable, and timely technical feedback to your Agile team.
- Mentor fellow engineers.
- Create an inclusive environment where you and your peers feel motivated to succeed.
- 4+ years of Python experience (required)
- 4+ years of experience working with relational (SQL) databases (required)
- 2+ years of Java experience (preferred)
- 5+ years of designing, developing, and integrating with RESTful, SOAP, or FHIR APIs
- Experience working with asynchronous workflows for ingesting and transforming data
- Familiarity with AWS infrastructure, including RDS, Lambda, and container-based solutions
- Language agnostic / ability to program in multiple languages a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.