Senior Revenue Accountant
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
The Senior Revenue Operations Accountant is responsible for supporting the overall order-to-cash function. The position will help with revenue recognition processes, system implementations, control execution, and audits. The position collaborates cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, Customer Success, and Operations regularly.
- Review both standard and non-standard contracts for streamlined operations and compliance with ASC 606.
- Utilizing automation, develop and maintain solid processes to achieve outstanding billing quality.
- Resolve billing discrepancies, including working with appropriate Latch teams, including Sales, Account Management and Accounts Receivable for resolution
- Perform month-end close tasks and SOX controls related to contracts, revenue recognition.
- Be a trusted business partner to the Deal Desk team, Sales team, Legal team, and other operating teams across Latch
- Help build and maintain the Revenue recognition processes for the James app
- Generate reports for customers and internal teams as needed
- Ad-hoc, special projects, and other requests as needed
- 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced client service environment and managing competing priorities
- Experience in order-to-cash Functions (Order Management, Billing, Collections)
- Understanding of ASC 606 revenue principles
- Ability to handle sensitive information with keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Innovative -- always looking for ways to improve accuracy, processes, and productivity
- Comfortable working with technology, seeking to identify areas of improvement and automation.
- Advanced skills with Excel and reporting from core systems (eg. Salesforce, NetSuite)
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to drive business impact
- Self-starter with a curious mindset; analytical and detail-oriented
- Willingness to learn and work independently and in a team