Senior Cost Accounting Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, February 9, 2023
Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR) is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial data platform turns buildings into property intelligence data to make nearly every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 177 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at matterport.com and browse a gallery of digital twins.
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
About the Role:
We are seeking a Cost Accounting Manager to join our accounting team. You will have the unique opportunity to partner across functions to validate the accuracy of cost and inventory, determine and explain cost and inventory valuation supporting Matterport’s growth and success.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Interpret U.S. GAAP accounting standards related to inventory and costing to determine the accounting and financial reporting treatment for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders involved in our inventory processes, including key business partners in finance, accounting operations, business stakeholders, and external auditors to support the preparation and review of accounting positions, policies, business process flowcharts, internal controls, and financial statements.
- Monitor, understand, and provide interpretation of new and proposed accounting pronouncements to assist key stakeholders in assessing financial, operational, and reporting implications for inventory and other significant accounting processes.
- Develop and implement a suite of accounting policies and the related required governance processes over policy review and development.
- Assist in preparing materials for disclosure and audit committees.
- Assist with maintaining appropriate documentation and protocols related to the Company's SOX processes and testing key business process controls.
- Assess and analyze the impact of control deficiencies and audit findings; gain stakeholder agreement on root causes of issues and appropriate corrective actions, while maintaining positive business relationships.
- Analyze product profitability, overhead, and sales channels (i.e., Gross Margin Analysis for our mix of products).
- Supervise and participate in all month-end closes involving inventory issues
- Perform periodic analysis for End of Life, Excess & Obsolescence, Warranty Accruals etc.
- Develop processes in compliance with ASC-330, in accordance with GAAP
- Be ready to tackle challenges as they arise and find solutions as our company scales. You are empowered to get work done and make Matterport better. Everyone on our team has a direct influence on making our company successful!
What You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years of Inventory and cost accounting experience in manufacturing environments
- CPA, active license
- BA in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or an equivalent major
- Significant full-cycle inventory cost accounting experience in public company
- General Ledger (GL) reconciliations
- Ideas, creativity, and curiosity; we want you to make recommendations
- Comfortable with systems, data, and reporting
- Create, improve and solidify SOX controls
- Ability to transform large datasets into useful, actionable information
- Amazing Excel skills – impress us!
- Fluent in financial statements - understands P&L, BS and CF implications of decisions
- Produce high quality reliable results
- Great communication, ability to explain finance impacts to non-finance teams and bring the gap between finance and partners.
- You are a quick learner who figures things out
- Proven aptitude with ERP and systems, NetSuite experience a plus
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $69,700 to $135,600 & Bonus & Benefits & Equity. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health plans – 100% of premiums covered for employees. (90% of family premiums)
- Flexible Time Off for Exempt Employees/Generous PTO plan for Non-Exempt Employees – Take time to rest, relax and explore! Plus we offer Summer Fridays!
- 401k, Company ownership in the form of RSU’s & ESPP Program
- Commuter Benefits
- For more detail visit www.matterport.com/careers * Medical and retirement benefits vary by Country
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy
See more open positions at Matterport
Something looks off?