Senior Manager, Customer Support & Vendor Operations (APAC)
Customer Service, Operations
Posted on Saturday, April 8, 2023
Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR) is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial data platform turns buildings into property intelligence data to make nearly every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 177 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at matterport.com and browse a gallery of digital twins.
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
About The Role
As a Sr. Manager, Customer Support & Vendor Operations, you’ll work with our Sales & Support leadership as well as other Matterport teams across the Organization. You’ll report directly to the Head of Customer Support Operations. You’ll have a high degree of strategic responsibility to shape how Matterport leverages third party vendors (including our BPO partners) to provide best-in-class customer experiences while maintaining low costs and capacity flexibility.
This person will develop and own the framework for how Sales & Support decides what tasks to outsource to third parties, how to set targets, how to measure performance, and how we manage our third party vendors to ensure they meet targets.
You will also manage a small team of Customer Support Engineers in APAC and together provide excellent, high-touch support for SMB and Enterprise customers alike. The ideal candidate is an experienced people manager with can-do attitude, friendly personality, and strong problem-solving abilities. In addition to working with customers and vendors, you will work with Sales, Finance, Product, and Engineering team members to help identify and resolve issues in Matterport products.
What you will do:
- Develop and set targets and measure performance of BPO vendors. Hold accountability for the performance of Matterport Sales & Support BPO partner teams
- Serve as the main point of contact for vendor relations, handle escalations, and identify real and potential problems, provide resolutions, alternate solutions, and risk mitigation plans
- Ensure cross channel quality through both remote monitoring and regular on-site visits to establish consistency of the Matterport culture and brand expectations for our customers
- Support contract negotiations between Matterport and its BPO vendor to ensure that Matterport has access to competitive rates and quality work
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, probe facts, identify and question assumptions and find creative and effective solutions to meet business goals without comprising customer satisfaction
- Ensure APAC Support team is providing best-in-class customer support to both SMB and Enterprise customers via phone, email, and chat
- Build and manage a team of highly motivated customer support engineers
- Collaborate with the Customer Support Quality Team to ensure that vendors adhere to established quality standards through calibration and compliance efforts.
- Work closely with Customer Success/Product/Engineering/Finance to assess and resolve customer issues
- Collaborate closely with other regional customer support managers, to help build and improve customer support systems and processes
- Work with Product to identify opportunities to improve Matterport's offering and reduce the number of support questions and issues
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Contact center contract management experience with significant knowledge in contact center operations and program management.
- 5+ years of people management experience with 7+ years working directly with customers to resolve technical issues
- A team-first mentality and eagerness to set & meet aggressive goals
- Ability to perform multiple, detail oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient in English and one other language (Japanese/Korean/Chinese)
- Strong attention to detail with excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with support-ticketing systems like Salesforce and JIRA
- Experience serving enterprise-level customers is a plus
- Ability to travel internationally as much as approximately 10-15% of the time.
- Experience with call centers in the Philippines
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy
See more open positions at Matterport
Something looks off?