Staff Software Engineer
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR) is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial data platform turns buildings into property intelligence data to make nearly every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 177 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at matterport.com and browse a gallery of digital twins.
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
About the Role:
Matterport is looking for an enthusiastic Staff Frontend Software Engineer to join our development team. You’ll be responsible for helping implement accessible, inclusive user interfaces for the Matterport portfolio of web applications and sites which are used by thousands of visitors each day. The ideal candidate is an individual who thrives on new challenges, possesses a strong UX background, and has a drive to continuously improve the Matterport visitor experience.
What you will do:
- Build React-based dynamic web apps
- Maintain additional existing platform of websites using angular
- Build design pattern library components using storybook
- Implement headless CMS usage across consuming webapps
- Work with product management and design teams to define new features and enhancements to existing user experiences
Who you are:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience designing and delivering dynamic web experiences using a variety of frameworks such as Angularjs, Angular, React, Gatsby, Next.js
- Expert in developing CSS with SASS/SCSS, Webpack
- Experience with Docker, AWS, Fastly CDN technologies.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic remote environment.
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $120,500 to $234,200 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Perks & Benefits
- * Comprehensive health plans – 100% of premiums covered for employees. (90% of family premiums)
- Flexible Time Off for Exempt Employees/Generous PTO plan for Non-Exempt Employees – Take time to rest, relax and explore! Plus we offer Summer Fridays!
- * 401k
- Company ownership in the form of RSU’s
- Continuing Education & Commuter Benefits
- For more detail visit www.matterport.com/careers
- * Medical and retirement benefits vary by Country
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy
See more open positions at Matterport
Something looks off?