Sr / Staff Machine Learning Operations Engineer
Software Engineering, Operations
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR) is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial data platform turns buildings into property intelligence data to make nearly every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 177 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at matterport.com and browse a gallery of digital twins.
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
About the RoleMatterport is seeking an experienced Senior/Staff ML Ops Engineer to join our team. This position is eligible for remote work.As a Senior/Staff MLOps Engineer, you will be responsible for leading and managing the deployment and management of machine learning models across our production systems. You will collaborate with machine learning engineers and data scientists to design and implement efficient and scalable machine learning pipelines, monitoring and testing frameworks, and data management processes. You will work with software engineers to ensure the seamless integration of machine learning models into our applications and services.
What you will do
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers and data scientists to develop and implement efficient and scalable machine learning pipelines and workflows for training, validation, and deployment of models.
- Design and implement monitoring and testing frameworks to ensure the accuracy, reliability, and performance of machine learning models in production environments.
- Develop and maintain efficient and scalable data management processes for large-scale machine learning datasets.
- Work with software engineers to integrate machine learning models into our applications and services.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure team to ensure the reliability, scalability, and security of our production systems.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in MLOps, machine learning, and data management.
- Advocate for tools and technologies to accelerate researchDistribute neural network training across fleets of compute servers to leverage massive datasetsOptimize machine learning inference on mobile devices
What you will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5-8+ years of experience in software engineering, MLOps, or related fields.
- Strong proficiency in Python and experience with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, MMdetection, Detectron and, Pytorch Lightning.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning pipelines and workflows for training, validation, and deployment of models, e.g. Experience with containerization and orchestration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Kubeflow, MLFlow.
- Strong experience with AWS cloud servicesStrong knowledge of data management processes for large-scale machine learning datasets.
- Experience with DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or CloudFormation.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices, including version control, testing, and deployment.
- Experience with model quantization, distillation or other compression techniques.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Nice to have
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, or related fieldStrong knowledge of C++Experience with 3D graphics, computer vision, point clouds, or spatial data
- Experience with data streaming and real-time processing frameworks such as KafkaExperience with ML dataset management tooling, such as Activeloop Deeplake.
- Experience with database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MongoDB.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Snowflake, Spark, or Hive.
- Experience with model interpretability and explainability techniques.
- Experience with building and deploying machine learning models on edge devices or IoT devices.
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities ActFor more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy
See more open positions at Matterport
Something looks off?