Senior Manager, Accounts Receivable
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR) is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial data platform turns buildings into property intelligence data to make nearly every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 177 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at matterport.com and browse a gallery of digital twins.
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
Your role will go beyond traditional AR management. You will be instrumental in supporting the company's rapid growth by presenting dynamic metrics and insights to our leadership team, fostering a culture of collaboration, and ensuring that the AR function contributes positively to our overall success. Your leadership will be pivotal in guiding your team to implement scalable procedures and processes that not only meet current demands but also ensure a positive return on investment as we continue to expand and evolve. Join us at Matterport and play a central role in shaping the financial success of our organization.
The position of Senior Manager of Global Accounts Receivable (AR) is a highly visible role within Matterport. In this capacity, you will forge strategic partnerships with our C-suite sales executives and collaborate closely with cross-functional leads to expertly manage billing and collections for our dynamic organization. This role is tailor-made for an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and boasts a proven track record in scaling high-performing AR teams. As the Senior Manager of Global Accounts Receivable, you will shoulder the responsibility of overseeing accounts receivable, credits, and collections while fervently driving process efficiency improvements.
Our headquarters are in Sunnyvale, CA, and we operate as a remote-friendly workplace. We are committed to fostering a culture of innovation, inclusivity, and growth. #LI-Remote
What you will do:
- Collaborate with Leaders across the organization to expertly manage billing and collections.
- Manage accounts receivable, credits, and collections globally.
- Lead, coach, and mentor a team of 4 AR Analysts, providing career development guidance and ensuring adherence to GAAP.
- Implement best practices and policies for accounts receivable, including invoicing, credit processing, collections, AR analytics, and KPI reporting.
- Serve as the key owner of Sox controls for accounts receivable during month-end close.
- Play a critical role in the month-end close process by reviewing and approving journal entries, reconciliations, and fluctuation analysis for accounts receivable and related balance sheet accounts.
- Verify the creditworthiness of prospective customers and approve contractual terms of sale.
- Act as the escalation point of contact for both internal and external customers regarding billing and collections inquiries.
- Oversee customer support cases related to billing and collections.
- Collaborate on system integration and improvements with a focus on enhancing customer retention.
- Develop strong partnerships with Sales and Customer Support teams to align financial and operational goals.
- Ensure compliance with PCI controls in ERP systems.
- Act as the audit point of contact for accounts receivable.
- Manage and oversee a team of 6 in a 3rd-party outsource business partners (BPO).
Who you are:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in billing, credit assessment, collection, and AR management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the company.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to change effectively.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional problem-solving skills, with a focus on developing scalable and automated frameworks and processes.
- Public Company experience and compliance.
- Experience with Salesforce, Zuora, XLS and NetSuite is strongly preferred.
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $97,750 to $160,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and geographic location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health plans – 100% of premiums covered for employees. (90% of family premiums)
- Flexible Time Off for Exempt Employees/Generous PTO plan for Non-Exempt Employees – Take time to rest, relax and explore! Plus we offer Summer Fridays!
- 401k, Company ownership in the form of RSU’s & ESPP Program
- Continuing Education & Commuter Benefits
- For more detail visit www.matterport.com/careers * Medical and retirement benefits vary by Country
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act.
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy