GL Accountant, Remote in U.S.
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR) is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial data platform turns buildings into property intelligence data to make nearly every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 177 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at matterport.com and browse a gallery of digital twins.
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
The GL Accountant will be an engaged member of Matterport’s Accounting team and will interface directly with colleagues across Finance and cross-functionally. This role will support accurate, reliable, and timely financial reporting and statements. This position requires someone who is self-motivated and detail oriented with strong accounting skills, GAAP knowledge, and the ability to work with external professionals, including auditors.
This person will be a catalyst in helping to create and manage efficient business process flows and maintain a good system of internal controls. In addition, the GL Accountant should be someone who collaborates well in a team environment and is comfortable working with leaders from various disciplines within Matterport. At the same time, as we are a young Public company, we find that the most successful candidates are ones who exhibit flexibility and critical thinking as priorities shift and processes evolve. As we continue to grow, there will be opportunities for learning and exposure to various key accounting areas.
What you will Do:
- Understanding of accounting principals and skilled in operational accounting functions with minimal supervision; cash application, bank reconciliations, AP, leases, property tax returns, fixed assets, accruals, and general ledger
- Preparation and review of General Ledger journal entries
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations
- Financial analysis projectsDemonstrate self-motivation with excellent organization and communication skills
- Perform month-end close activities and the ability to perform month-end close promptly
- Set up schedules and participate in system enhancements and process improvements
- Provide support to any special and ad-hoc audit projects
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- CPA a plus
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting
- Public Tech Company experience
- Strong attention to detail and be able to work under pressure
- Strong Excel skills - pivot tables, macros, VLookups, formulas
- Ability to organize effectively and adjust priorities given dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively written and oral for our remote workplace to collaborate with individuals within the organization at all levels
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $70K to $130,000K + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and geographic location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health plans* – 100% of premiums covered for employees & 88% of dependent premiums for US employees
- Flexible Time Off for Exempt Employees/Generous PTO plan for Non-Exempt Employees – Take time to rest, relax and explore! Plus we offer Summer Fridays!
- 401k and Company ownership in the form of RSU’s & ESPP Program
- Continuing Education & Commuter Benefits
- For more detail visit www.matterport.com/careers * Medical and retirement benefits vary by Country
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act.
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy