Sr / Staff Machine Learning Engineer
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR) is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial data platform turns buildings into property intelligence data to make nearly every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 177 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at matterport.com and browse a gallery of digital twins.
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
About the Role:
If the combination of real data, real users, and cutting-edge research appeals to you, then we’d love to talk! Matterport seeks a Sr. or Staff level Machine Learning Engineer to join our remote team. We work on a broad range of technologies, including reconstruction & manipulation of 3D meshes/point clouds, depth estimation, feature engineering and extraction, as well as a broad range of 2D/3D scene understanding problems. We’ve collected a massive database of complex real-world data that we can use to validate our approaches. You will report to our Manager of Machine Learning Development, remote from your home, while our headquarters is in Sunnyvale, CA.
What you will do:
- As a member of the Vision & Learning team, you’ll be responsible for developing robust completely-automated computer vision and machine learning algorithms to handle any real-world environment our users can throw at us, from small spaces captured with mobile devices all the way up to massive stadiums scanned with professional hardware.
- Plan and carry out research and experiments, gather training and evaluation datasets, propose solutions, evaluate hypotheses, incorporate our R&D into customer-facing products.
- Validate and adopt novel research, sharing findings with the broader team
- Develop custom, product-relevant solutions based on your research.
Who you are:
- Expert at Python, able to write performant, well-tested and production ready code
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning and computer vision
- Practical experience with the implementation, debugging, training and deployment of neural network architectures for computer vision problems
- A background in exploring and reproducing state of the art computer vision research
- Experience in working with large data sets and improving infrastructure pipelines
Nice to have:
- Expert C++ programming skills
- Experience with DL/CV algorithms related to:
- 3D alignment and reconstruction
- semantic understanding of 2D images/3D meshes
- mesh processing or feature extraction
- generative deep learning techniques for 2D/3D
- Mastery of software development fundamentals such as Git, Docker and shell scripting
- A PhD or Masters degree in Computer Science or an equivalent field (ECE, Math, Robotics)
- Prior publication in a major academic journal or conference on topics related to machine learning or computer vision
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health plans* – 100% of premiums covered for employees & 88% of dependent premiums for US employees
- Flexible Time Off for Exempt Employees/Generous PTO plan for Non-Exempt Employees – Take time to rest, relax and explore! Plus we offer Summer Fridays!
- 401k, Company ownership in the form of RSU’s & ESPP Program
- Continuing Education & Commuter Benefits
- For more detail visit www.matterport.com/careers * Medical and retirement benefits vary by Country
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy