Staff Engineer, iOS
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR) is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial data platform turns buildings into property intelligence data to make nearly every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 177 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at matterport.com and browse a gallery of digital twins.
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
About the Role:
We are seeking a Staff level Mobile Software Engineer to help develop our mobile apps with 3D technology. We are working with OEM and hardware technology partners to provide cutting edge capture experiences on next generation mobile and camera devices.
What you will do:
- Collaborate closely with the engineering team and product marketing to define, design, develop, and deliver new exciting features and captivating UX on Matterport’s applications
- Continuously explore, evaluate, and incorporate new technologies into our products and processes to improve development efficiency
- Deliver quality software using agile mobile development practices
- Analyze business requirements, provide feedback and development estimates
- Develop, maintain, support, troubleshoot, monitor and optimize existing mobile applications
- Research and recommend new mobile tools and applications
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience in iOS development with deep technical knowledge of mobile frameworks and libraries
- Deep understanding of core software concepts, including networking, storage/file system, security, memory management, multi-threading, and application lifecycle management
- Experience with 3D, AR or computer vision technologies would be a plus
- Experience with optimizing for performance on mobile (CPU/GPU/memory/latency)
- Experience working with GraphQL and RESTful web APIs
- BS or MS in Computer Science or similar field
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision in a collaborative work environment
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
Perks & Benefits
- * Comprehensive health plans – 100% of premiums covered for employees. (90% of family premiums)
- Flexible Time Off for Exempt Employees/Generous PTO plan for Non-Exempt Employees – Take time to rest, relax and explore! Plus we offer Summer Fridays!
- * 401k
- Company ownership in the form of RSU’s
- Continuing Education & Commuter Benefits
For more detail visit www.matterport.com/careers* Medical and retirement benefits vary by Country
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy