Contractor, Senior Paralegal
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2023
Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR) is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial data platform turns buildings into property intelligence data to make nearly every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 177 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at matterport.com and browse a gallery of digital twins.
Visit our Matterport Comparably Profile to learn more about working at Matterport and the awards we have won for being a Great Place to Work!
About the Role:
Matterport is looking for an experienced senior contracts manager or paralegal with outstanding legal skills focused on SaaS, technology, manufacturing, IP protection and general commercial and licensing experience to join our small but mighty legal team. The Paralegal will be part of the Global Legal team headed by our Chief Legal Officer based in California but will report to the Director, Legal. The Senior Paralegal will provide comprehensive legal and commercial support to Matterport’s various business operations and initiatives and will support our team in AMER as required. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, quickly evolving and growing environment and enjoys working on a variety of items each day. The Matterport legal team is lean, extremely talented and nimble.
What you will do:
- Provide day to day legal support to various departments and comprehensive management and resolution of legal inquiries from business team members.
- Build close cross-functional relationships with team members in supported business operations and obtain and maintain a solid knowledge of the products, services and objectives of those operations.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including SaaS, technology and data licensing, manufacturing, supply, consulting, marketing, vendor and other sales and operational agreements.
- Be a confident negotiator, presenter, draftsperson whilst being approachable, personable and collaborative
- Provide counsel and practical review of customer-facing materials and technology to confirm compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provide legal support to the Global Legal team and CLO as required including corporate filings
- Assist and support the legal department's efforts in the implementation and refinement of forms, policies and procedures and prepare and deliver training to business groups from time to time.
- Other duties and projects assigned by the senior members of the Legal Team.
Who you are:
- Be extremely organized and familiar with IronClad, and GSuite
- Minimum 4-6 of relevant experience with at least 2 gained within a tech firm environment
- Strong and deep experience in focused technology and SaaS based commercial contracts and product manufacture and licensing as well as experience of trademarks and general licensing. Experience will need to be demonstrated in the following areas: i) e-Commerce, ii) SaaS iii) manufacturing and supply; iv) general commercial law; and v) IP
- Superior drafting and negotiation skills. Ability to solve commercial problems with legal drafting
- Deal management experience under pressure and working within a sales focused environment.
- Demonstrate excellent process and procedural understanding and support.
- Experience with data privacy laws and GDPR a plus
- Most important to us is personality and fit. We are a team.
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health plans* – 100% of premiums covered for employees & 88% of dependent premiums for US employees
- Flexible Time Off for Exempt Employees/Generous PTO plan for Non-Exempt Employees – Take time to rest, relax and explore! Plus we offer Summer Fridays!
*Medical and retirement benefits vary by Country
For more detail visit www.matterport.com/careers
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act
For more information regarding how Matterport collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies. https://matterport.com/privacy-policy